Jump to content

ICM announces Fiat Cr.42 1/32 in three presentations!


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Gazzas said:

I can’t admit to being enthusiastic about this release.  But I am glad it will make someone happy.  I think ICM have decided to strike before our aging fingers get too cold or turn to dust.  For surely in 20 years very few will remember it.

 

A perfect illustration of why Il Duce should have retired in 1939.  Ugly little plane.

Seen worse...Maybe they will do later more stylish looking Italian a/c

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Hi Paul , Hey Terry     :hi:
Same one Silver Wings did   :rolleyes:    Odd coincidence ?  Is the Stearman out yet ?

 

We were talking about this last night at the club, it’s a canny move by ICM because of course resin, ie all Silver Wings kits, is not to everybody’s liking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I think the people at ICM are among the first to be surprised by the popularity of the Gladiator. IMO the success of the kit owes much to the no-nonsense, thoughtful design of the kit and the overall excellence of the production i.e. the realistic simulation of the cloth-covered areas.

 

If the new Fiat Cr.42 is in the same vein, it could open a new niche and introduce many modellers to the colourful and much-neglected inter-war period. :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

ICM are definitely excellent in marketing research, product and design management. Their surface quality (I have a few of the 48 Ju 88's and He 111's) is

indeed impressive. It's so convincing, that I've just ordered the newly released Bü131D with Cadet figures, and I will definitely get their CR42

once released - I have a passion for Italian interwar and WWII aircraft designs and camouflage and markings. I guess they have thought of

me when they decided for the CR.42 :P

Lothar

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, quang said:

 

I think the people at ICM are among the first to be surprised by the popularity of the Gladiator. IMO the success of the kit owes much to the no-nonsense, thoughtful design of the kit and the overall excellence of the production i.e. the realistic simulation of the cloth-covered areas.

 

If the new Fiat Cr.42 is in the same vein, it could open a new niche and introduce many modellers to the colourful and much-neglected inter-war period. :thumbsup:

Spot on Quang!! :bow:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lothar said:

ICM are definitely excellent in marketing research, product and design management. Their surface quality (I have a few of the 48 Ju 88's and He 111's) is

indeed impressive. It's so convincing, that I've just ordered the newly released Bü131D with Cadet figures, and I will definitely get their CR42

once released - I have a passion for Italian interwar and WWII aircraft designs and camouflage and markings. I guess they have thought of

me when they decided for the CR.42 :P

Lothar

And as Robert Lane ( https://elan13.co.uk/ ) observed somewhat ruefully last night, the ICM figures produced to complement their aircraft kits are pretty damned good too! 

Edited by mozart
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mozart said:

And as Robert Lane ( https://elan13.co.uk/ ) observed somewhat ruefully last night, the ICM figures produced to complement their aircraft kits are pretty damned good too! 

 

See how lively the ICM hand-sculpted figures are compared with the sterile 3D-prints!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mozart said:

Me too, but there is something rather special about a Silver Wing kit......mouth-wateringly complex that brings out the masochistic streak!

Five Silver Wings kits turning up as injection molded.  I have them so they'll get built.

I suppose next up will be a Hawker Hart or Demon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...