ICM announces Fiat Cr.42 1/32 in three presentations!

FCM

4 hours ago, Gazzas said:

I can’t admit to being enthusiastic about this release.  But I am glad it will make someone happy.  I think ICM have decided to strike before our aging fingers get too cold or turn to dust.  For surely in 20 years very few will remember it.

A perfect illustration of why Il Duce should have retired in 1939.  Ugly little plane.

Seen worse...Maybe they will do later more stylish looking Italian a/c

12 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Hi Paul , Hey Terry     :hi:
Same one Silver Wings did   :rolleyes:    Odd coincidence ?  Is the Stearman out yet ?

We were talking about this last night at the club, it’s a canny move by ICM because of course resin, ie all Silver Wings kits, is not to everybody’s liking. 

I think the people at ICM are among the first to be surprised by the popularity of the Gladiator. IMO the success of the kit owes much to the no-nonsense, thoughtful design of the kit and the overall excellence of the production i.e. the realistic simulation of the cloth-covered areas.

If the new Fiat Cr.42 is in the same vein, it could open a new niche and introduce many modellers to the colourful and much-neglected inter-war period. :thumbsup:

ICM are definitely excellent in marketing research, product and design management. Their surface quality (I have a few of the 48 Ju 88's and He 111's) is

indeed impressive. It's so convincing, that I've just ordered the newly released Bü131D with Cadet figures, and I will definitely get their CR42

once released - I have a passion for Italian interwar and WWII aircraft designs and camouflage and markings. I guess they have thought of

me when they decided for the CR.42 :P

Lothar

14 minutes ago, quang said:

I think the people at ICM are among the first to be surprised by the popularity of the Gladiator. IMO the success of the kit owes much to the no-nonsense, thoughtful design of the kit and the overall excellence of the production i.e. the realistic simulation of the cloth-covered areas.

If the new Fiat Cr.42 is in the same vein, it could open a new niche and introduce many modellers to the colourful and much-neglected inter-war period. :thumbsup:

Spot on Quang!! :bow:

3 minutes ago, Lothar said:

ICM are definitely excellent in marketing research, product and design management. Their surface quality (I have a few of the 48 Ju 88's and He 111's) is

indeed impressive. It's so convincing, that I've just ordered the newly released Bü131D with Cadet figures, and I will definitely get their CR42

once released - I have a passion for Italian interwar and WWII aircraft designs and camouflage and markings. I guess they have thought of

me when they decided for the CR.42 :P

Lothar

And as Robert Lane ( https://elan13.co.uk/ ) observed somewhat ruefully last night, the ICM figures produced to complement their aircraft kits are pretty damned good too! 

Edited by mozart

10 minutes ago, mozart said:

And as Robert Lane ( https://elan13.co.uk/ ) observed somewhat ruefully last night, the ICM figures produced to complement their aircraft kits are pretty damned good too! 

See how lively the ICM hand-sculpted figures are compared with the sterile 3D-prints!

5 hours ago, mozart said:

Me too, but there is something rather special about a Silver Wing kit......mouth-wateringly complex that brings out the masochistic streak!

Five Silver Wings kits turning up as injection molded.  I have them so they'll get built.

I suppose next up will be a Hawker Hart or Demon.