NLLSP- No Longer a Large Scary Project- finished

chrish

6 minutes ago, Fanes said:

Chris - are you going to soften the edges of your oil streak?
The inboard looks a little sharp - at least to my eye ;)

Keep up the good work!

Joachim

Yes I will

thanks

This project is very inspiring and I look forward to seeing the completed so please continue to make progress.   You are so close to the finish line.  As for the oil streaks, they are convincing to my eye as they are.  Consider the liquids are being sprayed out under pressure as the plane cruises around 180 mph or best speed under the conditions.   The edges would be solid, not feathered.  Do your own experiments with a cola and your vehicle as you go down the highway.

Thank you very much! I've never spent this much time on a build in at least 10 years! and never had a project go more than a couple of pages on a forum, this is a record for me!

I mentioned earlier that I would be blending in the work, that has started. Once the pics are seen it'll begin to make sense...?

An earlier pic with oil spray back;

uBoWdhC.jpg

using the airbrush with thin OD in it like an eraser, I cleaned up behind the outflow vents where there should't really be any mess;

QcJu9I2.jpg

6Wjyvmy.jpg

Thanks for looking

On 3/20/2020 at 10:10 PM, chrish said:

Thanks all!

I doubt I'd have had the stamina to keep going without the encouragement from friends here, very appreciated!

Well, if that's what you need

Go for it, Chris!

I love this thread, inspirational stuff and a challenging build. 

Richard

hi

that turns nicely , I very enjoy that build !!!! very inspiring :thumbsup: can't wait to see it in  situation alongside with the 109

if you allow me one remark !!? you should re engraved the fuselage lines and rivets at the nose / fuselage join .,I agree , it's a bit "risky", especially at this stage of the build .. my humble opinion :rolleyes:

Alain    

Edited by alain11

5 hours ago, chrish said:

Thanks all!

painting work almost finished on the wings, final assembly right around the corner...usually when the ground falls out from below me!

Don't worry  - we are here to catch you

and force you back to the bench :fight:

Richard

Thanks for all the encouragement

I've passed another milestone today, clear parts are in, paint touched up, details added...nearly there.

I need to add the shredded fabric to the rudder and the rudder trim tab pushrod and that's about it...So while neither model seen here is technically finished or complete, you'll get the idea of where Iv'e been going with this from these images.

In this picture I'm testing my ability to get a damged (destroyed) nose cone glazing;

q7L89Ir.jpg

The (nearly) final result. Both models still need detail work but these pictures give the feeling I was looking for;

vU4fD8K.jpg

tqEdOFr.jpg

y8IMv9H.jpg

ZJnUoYF.jpg

The bomber has a fine thread nut CA'd and epoxied to the bottom of the floor with a steel rod threaded in to that and a press fit into the timber as the support. The 109 has a flat bar inserted into the belly with an aluminum rod placed over top to offer it continuity to the bomber  

Thanks for looking.

• chrish changed the title to NLLSP- No Longer a Large Scary Project