NLLSP- No Longer a Large Scary Project- finished

chrish

Looks terrific!  A reminder - they were probably flying with some right rudder.  (I don't think that was depicted in the painting.)  Also, I saw the painting shows an ADF "football" antenna installed.  I don't know if it's correct or not, but if you need one I just printed up a batch and would be happy to mail one to you.

Thanks for looking and commenting. Very appreciated. I’m planning on adding some aileron rudder and a bit of up elevator, yes. And I’m not sure how accurate but the book painting does show a football antenna (the great kit includes one) and clear astrodome on the nose. None of my references show it to apply but in keeping with the book cover and painting I cut out the hole in the nose roof and will install the (also included in the kit) clear dome

thanks for the advice!

I've finally begun work on the deceased tail gunner having come up with the idea to add a slumped head to a resin torso and kind of tuck him in where he can be seen but not identified very well. 

At this time (no pics yet) he's been painted and test fitted to the seat in the tail turret.. Next up are the battle damage to that turret then assembly. I think there's light in the far end of this tunnel...

Sd599RO.jpg

Thanks for looking

This takes me back to when I was a kid, seeing for the first time the diorama that the late, great Shep Paine built of a battle damaged B17-G (Monogram 1/48 scale). Remember the full colour pamplets that Monogram used to include with their big 1/48 scale kits, featuring dioramas created by Shep? I spent hours poring over those when I was a kid.