NLLSP- No Longer a Large Scary Project- finished

chrish

Thanks for encouraging and contributing!

I've taken a break from destruction to do some building. I glued the engines together and painted them, added some wire to the cylinders to simulate ignition leads, there's over 12" of .015" lead wire...I didn't think of it when I started but 2 wires per cylinder, 9 cylinders per engine and 4 engines...that's a lot of wire!

0MGxJ85.jpg

and closed up the other remaining main plane

CjFHtMk.jpg

Again, thanks for looking

Thanks!

I made a boo boo and used the wrong cowl flaps on the left inboard engine (any engine would do other than the right inboard) as it has a cutout in the cowl flaps for the exhaust, I had to cut the wrong cowl flap off and fit the right one...This is what happens when you're watching WW II In Color on Netflix while building....Ok, it's fixed now and moving forward again. I cut the prop hubs to build them without props (simulating the turning blades) all but No 2? which is caged.

This will be the layout on the model;

7xjUsn3.jpg

Kv5kwxr.jpg

Thank you for looking

Thanks for looking guys

bad news, (well, for me anyway) while working with the built up crew section fitting and removing, I dropped it! I’m such a clutz most days it’s funny I didn’t drop it sooner....it broke into sections and pieces (almost all breaks at glue joints) I have picked up the parts but my mojo took a beating. I’m gonna have a coffee break and contemplate the next step.

Well that is a shame................sounds like maybe the overall damage is not that bad?  I think the above advice is pretty good.............focusing on something else for a few days and coming back to it might make things more clear as to the extent of the damage/repair. 

Well that last one made me laugh!

Yes the model is definitely repairable, all the breaks were on glue joints, thank goodness! One of the pilots left his seat and lost his head, I think that was probably the only really bad break. Some locating pins to align bulkheads were broken off in their receivers as well but setting the parts in place in the fuselage should align them as well.

As suggested above, I'll leave it for a day or so but I'm anxious to repair the damage and get myself back on track.

Not the first time for something like this with me, I once dropped a 1/32 Ju 88 as I was placing the last decals. 

I blame 30+ years of auto repair and impact tools for numb hands!

I also once hooked the wing of a (again, 1/32) B-25 with my elbow and knocked one side off the bench, thank goodness HK Models knows what they're doing with their landing gear, that one stayed 

(mostly) together.

All models were eventually completed

I should be back on track in a day or so...maybe three?

Thanks for the support, much appreciated!!

Well the nice thing about a model with six million parts is that if you bugger up one part there's enough separate sub assemblies that are kits in themselves to keep a modeller (and me) moving along.

I figured I could take a bit of a break from fixing my accident and move along to this...

I painted the "plywood" walkways with Vallejo dark flesh and drybrushed/ wet washed with Vallejo wood for grain, then gloss clear, then, chipping medium and Tamiya rubber black then weathered it.  

EX6jUll.jpg

9R5UgJL.jpg

UmNLfDT.jpg

Thanks for looking