NLLSP- No Longer a Large Scary Project- finished

chrish

I wasn't sure I'd start a thread on this or not... I may never finish it. Not the 109 but the severely damaged B-17 that goes with it

I'm hoping to (someday) realize a model Vignette similar to the book cover "A Higher Call" I have begun with the Revell 109 G-6 because it's the only 109 in 1/32 scale (that I know of) that can be modelled with the wheels up. I have crews to fill both aircraft involved, the ones that can be seen anyway, and decals...all I need is time...years of it!

So after a week or two of tinkering with the 109, here's where I'm at. (Feel free to tell me I'm nuts and not to do it, then I have an excuse to stop)

PhrVrnO.jpg

7PoysrQ.jpg

xihFnWs.jpg

zd6HTKw.jpg

2EDKCOM.jpg

Having never really been a fan of "prop blur" props, I filled the prop cutouts in the spinner and sanded it all smooth, trying to give the impression of an invisible prop at high RPM

Off to the nut house now...

hi

that looks an ambitious project , but , for people ( like me) that doesn't know the book " higher call " :wub:, we would  want to know what your diorama will look like :coolio:

Alain

humm ! sorry , I just found ( Goggle is useful :rolleyes: )  ..indeed that is an ambitious project !!!!!!!!

(if you allow )

1*yUYKjbD6lEPonQa9sCQbAg.jpeg

Edited by alain11

Great idea, good luck with it. :popcorn:

13 hours ago, chrish said:

Having never really been a fan of "prop blur" props, I filled the prop cutouts in the spinner and sanded it all smooth, trying to give the impression of an invisible prop at high RPM.

13 hours ago, Alain Gadbois said:

I agree with the spinning prop solution, as it is just impossible to have a believable effect with photoetch or clear disc.

Yes, I'm with you guys on that. 

Thanks for the encouragement...it sure helps!

Thanks Alain11 I forgot to add that image!

Tim you can help, you build the B-17 ok?

All kidding aside, I've spent an enjoyable few hours building the 109 (It's kind of an odd kit in my experience) Revell give you many options to build this model. Besides wheels up/ down movable control surfaces posable split flaps etc. I went with ailerons deflected to give me one wing low, flaps up, split flaps closed, slats in (avoiding the slat debate) and the wheels of course, will be up. I never really realized how clean the lines of this aircraft were, as every one I've ever built was wheels down, flaps down, slats out and canopy open.

I knocked the pilots head off a couple of times and ended up giving him a bit of a different tilt (for now) unless/ until I knock his melon off again. Strangely, I haven't broken the tail antenna attachment point (yet) 

Painting should or, could possibly begin tomorrow.

jJOxKFf.jpg

1dxy0sM.jpg

ii7lxS5.jpg

w8X5gSR.jpg

Thank you for looking

I like the project! I recall a slightly similar project I saw at one of the Portland shows, a B-36 with two F-84's (I think) as parasite fighters, attached to the wingtips. Harold probably knows who did it. Here is the real thing, with one of the fighters attached:

c451651cc22dc5a38cdb25c19404b69d.jpg

Anyway, probably nearly the same size project!

Awesome looking project, and big respect to you for taking it on. 

I doubt I'd have the cojones to hack into such an expensive kit, even though I'd like to do a crashed dio' one day. 

I look forward to seeing this one come to fruition. :bow:

Edited by Stokey Pete