NLLSP- No Longer a Large Scary Project- finished

chrish

I was on a bit of a roll yesterday/ last night and quit fairly late with the natural result of not posting anything, plus I just plain forgot. I have the first coat of RLM 76 on the bottom now after masking the national markings (again, with home made masks) then shot the top RLM 74 graugrun. Using, as usual, the paint mixing ratios from IPMS Stockholm's website, it's a quick link in my favorites. 

After shooting the majority of the color I sat back and noticed two things, first that I had forgotten to mask the black of the fuselage crosses, second that the RLM 74 looked wrong, too green? I got out my old faithful, "Camouflage and Markings of the Luftwaffe aircraft-vol. 1 Day fighters" matched the paint to the color chip, grinned happily and decided to carry on. It's a near perfect match! Fuselage markings fixed and back to work

S5PQxXf.jpg

mVccuaa.jpg

zsFRiCI.jpg

Thank you for looking

Painting on the 109 underway, again, the Kitsworld decals shows fairly heavy mottling going right down to the bottom of the fuselage sides. While paintings (never trust an artists rendition) show little... or even no mottling on the aircraft sides. There's also paintings of the aircraft with II Gruppe straight line instead of a III Gruppe wavy line, but I have 1or 2 pics. here of the aircraft with the wavy line so, that's what I'll use.

I ran out of a key Tamiya color to home mix the RLM 75 so used some recent acquisition paints that were as yet untried, Mission Models, they seem to work ok.

My query: does the mottling look to heavy?

g9Ivwpe.jpg

CM9rMdS.jpg

w6Enfgn.jpg

paint came up with the tape off the resin exhaust pipes, my fault. not the paint. I forgot to clean and prime the resin

smmER6f.jpg

Thanks for looking

2 hours ago, NORMCO said:

Could you please give us a wide angle picture of your workbench/workspace?

Where do the drawers come from?  Purchased or homemade?

They're HobbyZone drawers - I know because I have an extensive set myself! They're made and sold out of Poland, but you can also buy them from one of our fabulous sponsors, HobbyZone USA!

Kev

Thank you very much!

I pulled the B-17 out of the stash and opened the box...A little overwhelming! Like getting to the top of the high board at the pool and looking down! Then asking yourself "What the H*ll am I doing?!

A couple of pictures for those unfamiliar with the B-17

The box

zpUessk.jpg

the 109 on the B-17 in the box

r4rlWPF.jpg

n49ImG2.jpg