A6M2 propellers & other questions

27 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Interestingly enough, the instructions call for decals (number 6) to be installed on fronts and backs of propeller blades, but only provides three such decals, so I guess I'll just mask and paint those.

None of photos above show stripes on the painted side or the prop face.  When I did my Zero I only applied decals to the metal side.

1 hour ago, cbk57 said:

None of photos above show stripes on the painted side or the prop face.  When I did my Zero I only applied decals to the metal side.

Yes, that was an error on my part, instructions only show them on the bare metal side. Thanks.

The Doyusha kit has an awkward little hook shaped protrusion at the CL tank bottom rear, a vent or something, I suppose. I've not seen this in any photos; does anyone have an idea what's what there?

6 hours ago, Juggernut said:

I’ve never seen that on a zeke drop tank before....Lacking any corroborating evidence, I’d remove it.  Tamiya’a drop tank doesn’t have that on it.  

I agree, and have no problem leaving it off. Checking the OOB rules for the contest I'll be entering (assuming I actually go that route), doesn't address removal of items, just no adding anything extra. Thanks.

3 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

I think those are just for the side facing away from the pilot.

The prop tip decals, that is.

Understood, Mike, and I agree.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, A6M said:

Hey Guys,

Unless my wife finds more chores for me this weekend I'll post both prop and drop tank details over on Madmax's "A6M2b - shades of grey" Zero build over on the WIP board.

Ryan

Grand, all information on Japanese subjects will be gratefully received.

Cheers