True Details MB H7 seat: warning

thierry laurent

Hi, 

A warning for the people considering the recent release of that True Details H7 seat based on a new 3D printed master: there is only ONE seat in the set! 

Go figure! As that specific seat was only used in a two-seater, I have yet to understand that. That release was not cheap and now I will need to purchase another one as the single part is useless. While the seat looks very nice, that business practice is debatable to say the least... 

Caveat emptor! 

Hth

Thierry 

2 minutes ago, Dave Morrissette said:

Is it this one?

https://www.squadron.com/Martin-Baker-Mk-H-7-Ejection-Seat-p/tdp32902.htm

I did notice when they have multiples, they say "seats" and single "seat". They are nice but pricey as people said

Then again, what kits and things aren't anymore

Dave

Dave

Yes it is. I agree regarding the use of the plural. However, this is so stupid for an accessory that cannot be used as such that I do not understand why they sell them as single parts unless to get more money. A pity.

1 hour ago, Dave Morrissette said:

Then again, what kits and things aren't anymore

It's a fair point if you know what you're getting into, but as Thierry has said you'll always need two, so to sell them singularly - especially given the price where you'd expect two - is underhand.

If they sold a set for £32 they'd get very few takers, sell one for £16, and you've got a mug to buy another. 

ps. Their recent wheel releases have very boxy profiles, so give them a wide berth also. 

Thanks to all. 

I don't find the Squadron thing that mystifying as we all tend to be the "hardcore" modelers who look around and know more details. Squadron caters to the ones less knowing and more into quick purchases, etc. which make up the majority of the modelers. (People that build a kit when they feel like it or are interested)

And yes- its stupid to sell one but I assume it was done due to cost attracting people 

Dave