Tolga ULGUR

1/32 EDUARD P-40N-5 Warhawk “Joanne 49”

5 hours ago, red Dog said:

aha, love the detail about the tank, that's so funny. Enter it in a contest and let's see how the judges react :)

Great model !!

:D

I would probably be disqualified for misleading young modellers if I didn t add a reference photo. :)

Excellent & lovely build (as usual !) Tolga ! I studied that unit & wrote an article for "Le Fana de l'Aviation" magazine with some new infos. Only mistake is about the spinner color: Sq/Signal got it right as the 89thFS color (#49 & #51 were 89thFS machines) was red :( 88thFS was white, and 90thFS was dark blue. See my blog for more research work: https://burmabansheesblog.blogspot.com/

Edited by GeeBee

11 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Excellent & lovely build (as usual !) Tolga ! I studied that unit & wrote an article for "Le Fana de l'Aviation" magazine with some new infos. Only mistake is about the spinner color: Sq/Signal got it right as the 89thFS color (#49 & #51 were 89thFS machines) was red :( 88thFS was white, and 90thFS was dark blue. See my blog for more research work: https://burmabansheesblog.blogspot.com/

Thank you

As a matter of the fact My referneces for this project were Eduard s box art and Squadron signal P-40 in action  book.

I respect the information you sent about the spinner color of 89th FS. But In the picture, the spinner color is very very dark nearly black .Darker than tires and also wheel cover color.

Probably spinner swapped from another 90th FS s Warhawk . 

IMG-5492.jpg

And also I compared the spinner colors in the following picture.

#49 is the sixth warhawk after "Mis Frances III". Its spinner color is diffrent than the other red ones.

I believe that "Joanne " has not red spinner though it s belonged to 89th FS.

IMG-5493.jpg

IMG-5495-A.jpg

IMG-5494-A.jpg

Well

On the other hand, Wish the decals set in your blog  were in 1/32.

I guarantee that I will built 2 another "N"s at least. The first one would be #61 with shark eye replacement cowl.

Thanks.

Edited by Tolga ULGUR