1/32 EDUARD P-40N-5 Warhawk “Joanne 49”

Tolga ULGUR

Excellent & lovely build (as usual !) Tolga ! I studied that unit & wrote an article for "Le Fana de l'Aviation" magazine with some new infos. Only mistake is about the spinner color: Sq/Signal got it right as the 89thFS color (#49 & #51 were 89thFS machines) was red :( 88thFS was white, and 90thFS was dark blue. See my blog for more research work: https://burmabansheesblog.blogspot.com/

Edited by GeeBee

11 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Excellent & lovely build (as usual !) Tolga ! I studied that unit & wrote an article for "Le Fana de l'Aviation" magazine with some new infos. Only mistake is about the spinner color: Sq/Signal got it right as the 89thFS color (#49 & #51 were 89thFS machines) was red :( 88thFS was white, and 90thFS was dark blue. See my blog for more research work: https://burmabansheesblog.blogspot.com/

Thank you

As a matter of the fact My referneces for this project were Eduard s box art and Squadron signal P-40 in action  book.

I respect the information you sent about the spinner color of 89th FS. But In the picture, the spinner color is very very dark nearly black .Darker than tires and also wheel cover color.

Probably spinner swapped from another 90th FS s Warhawk . 

IMG-5492.jpg

And also I compared the spinner colors in the following picture.

#49 is the sixth warhawk after "Mis Frances III". Its spinner color is diffrent than the other red ones.

I believe that "Joanne " has not red spinner though it s belonged to 89th FS.

IMG-5493.jpg

IMG-5495-A.jpg

IMG-5494-A.jpg

Well

On the other hand, Wish the decals set in your blog  were in 1/32.

I guarantee that I will built 2 another "N"s at least. The first one would be #61 with shark eye replacement cowl.

Thanks.

Edited by Tolga ULGUR

On 1/18/2020 at 11:34 AM, Tolga ULGUR said:

Thank you

As a matter of the fact My referneces for this project were Eduard s box art and Squadron signal P-40 in action  book.

I respect the information you sent about the spinner color of 89th FS. But In the picture, the spinner color is very very dark nearly black .Darker than tires and also wheel cover color.

Probably spinner swapped from another 90th FS s Warhawk . 

(...)

And also I compared the spinner colors in the following picture.

#49 is the sixth warhawk after "Mis Frances III". Its spinner color is diffrent than the other red ones.

I believe that "Joanne " has not red spinner though it s belonged to 89th FS.

(...)

Well

On the other hand, Wish the decals set in your blog  were in 1/32.

I guarantee that I will built 2 another "N"s at least. The first one would be #61 with shark eye replacement cowl.

Thanks.

I see your point, Tolga B) and you may be right about a spinner swap.

I have some video stills from a color film showing some Burma Banshees P-40Ns. A former P-40N-1 type can be seen there and her spinner is red. She also displays the "pair of dices" on her wheel hubs: https://burmabansheesblog.blogspot.com/2014/10/burma-banshees-p-40-line-up.html

If I ever build the 1/32 P-40N I have, that will be "Dikam Death" flown by Bob Gale but the tail number isn't confirmed by any pic (yet)...

%2349+P-40N-1+color+still1.jpg

11 hours ago, GeeBee said:

I see your point, Tolga B) and you may be right about a spinner swap.

I have some video stills from a color film showing some Burma Banshees P-40Ns. A former P-40N-1 type can be seen there and her spinner is red. She also displays the "pair of dices" on her wheel hubs: https://burmabansheesblog.blogspot.com/2014/10/burma-banshees-p-40-line-up.html

If I ever build the 1/32 P-40N I have, that will be "Dikam Death" flown by Bob Gale but the tail number isn't confirmed by any pic (yet)...

%2349+P-40N-1+color+still1.jpg

Thanks 

P-40N-1 #49 you posted is interesting. But the form of skull is different than N-5 Joanne .

By the way, your blog is excellent. There are excellent photos which I never seen before. Thanks for sharing

"Dikam Death" skull figure is very interesting. The black dots look like beard and hair. If someone produces its decal in 1/32 please let me know.

On 1/23/2020 at 8:54 AM, Tolga ULGUR said:

Thanks 

P-40N-1 #49 you posted is interesting. But the form of skull is different than N-5 Joanne .

By the way, your blog is excellent. There are excellent photos which I never seen before. Thanks for sharing

"Dikam Death" skull figure is very interesting. The black dots look like beard and hair. If someone produces its decal in 1/32 please let me know.

Yes, I know that skulls varied in shape and outline when the markings were "updated".

Thanks for your comment about my blog. I keep trying to dig up new infos B)

"Dikam Death" is certainly one of the most interesting 88th FS machines, but Rising Decals doesn't seem to be interested into 1/32... :(