1:32 De Havilland Tiger Moth

Silver Wings

Hi,

We are delighted to announce that our newest kit for 2020, the 1:32 De Havilland D.H.82A, will be available in February. This iconic 1930s biplane has been repeatedly requested by you, our customers, via the web polls, emails and in forum discussions.

When creating this model, we went the extra mile to ensure our edition is the most accurate 1:32 replica of this aviation icon ever released. We focused on cooperation with the Polish Aviation Museum (which displays the original aircraft in Cracow), as well as one of the most knowledgeable people on Tiger Moth’s - Mr John Adams.

The kit will be offered in six colorful options, with decals for the following aircraft:

•             De Havilland D.H.82A Tiger Moth, K2573/24, No 24 Squadron RAF, Hendon, 1935

•             De Havilland D.H.82A Tiger Moth, MO-159, LeLv26, Finnish Air Force, 1943

•             De Havilland D.H.82A Tiger Moth, PG-712/2, Royal Netherlands Air Force, 1946

•             De Havilland D.H.82A Tiger Moth, N6919/36, probably of No 1 EFTS, RAF, 1940

•             De Havilland D.H.82A Tiger Moth, G-ACDA, De Havilland School of Flying, Hatfield, 1933

•             De Havilland D.H.82A Tiger Moth, DE745, assigned to the 353rd Fighter Group, USAAF Station 366 (RAF Metfield), September 1943

Kit includes:

- 107 resin parts including clear resin canopy

- 45 photo-etched elements

- instruction

- decals

We are now ready to accept pre-orders for this kit to ensure prompt delivery shortly after the premiere in February. Please write us at silverwings@silverwings.pl to place your order. A special price for orders placed before February 14 is 115 EUR / 127 USD. Also, for orders placed before Feb 14, shipping is discounted by 50% and will be 5 EUR / 5 USD. For orders above 2 kits, shipping is free.

Additional information about this exciting new kit will be coming soon! Be sure to check out website (www.silverwings.pl)  for the latest information and pictures!

The Silver Wings Team

55 minutes ago, geedubelyer said:

Very much looking forward to seeing this on being built. I'm looking at you Max ;)

No pressure then Guy! There’s a Trainer GB later in the year, so definitely one for that, the other one may not wait that long!  So many wonderful kits to build, mostly Silver Wings ones, and so little time!

14 minutes ago, mozart said:

My goodness William, how to make a silk purse into a sow’s ear in one easy lesson! :o

Hey ..I like this version and plan on doing one on skis...new vac canopy et all. ;)

ancMLa.jpg

Edited by williamj

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, williamj said:

Simon says Shipping end of the month..:clap2:

18 hours ago, Silver Wings said:

That is the plan :) Yesyerday we finished reviewing the instructions so everything is on the right track. 

Got my pre-order in, and can wait!   This old lass was near and dear to my late father, who built several R/C Tiger Moths, including one on floats. Ill build this first one as his favorite, RAF trainer yellow and camo.............and later if released will build a red and silver float version too.   Or if not, buy another SW kit and see if Max still has his matchbox floats! 

370x247mFILLcWHITE.jpg

Such a sweet looking girl!

autoxautomAUTOcWHITE.jpg