AK Interactive Real Colors?

FlyingCheese

Looking for some feedback or opinions on the AK Interactive Real Colors line.

I'm just getting back into the hobby after a 20+ year layoff - being in my early 40's I now find myself with sufficient disposable income and time - enough of both to waste!  My interest lie mainly in aircraft from WW2 through modern times, though I'm focusing on WW2 at this point.

Starting over as more or less a newbie, but with much more patience and money than my 12-year-old self, I'm curious if the AKI Real Colors line would fit the bill for me.  

Any feedback is appreciated.

I've used AK Real Colors on my last two builds and have liked them very much.  They behave and can be used similarly to Tamiya acrylics and Mr Hobby Aqueous.  I've found excellent results shooting through my Iwata HP-C Plus airbrush using either Tamiya Lacquer Thinner or Iso Alcohol as thinner.  I cannot comment on color accuracy as I have not conducted any tests but Kevin's test does an excellent job of comparing the AK shades to Mr Hobby Aqueous and MRP.

5 hours ago, FlyingCheese said:

Thank you much.  Since I am starting more or less from scratch, I order the whole air colors set. Go big or go home I guess...

And welcome to the Forum, hope you enjoy your time amongst the friendliest set of modellers on the planet! :D

4 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

The numeric designation just represents the size in millitres of the bottle it comes in:

It's all Mr. Color Thinner (Leveling or otherwise). Mine is 250 (being a 250ml bottle):

Kev

Thanks Kev, I never could remember its name, so I use Gunze Levelling thinner with mine.

1 hour ago, justplanecrazy said:

I was just curious about the best way to clean your airbrush after spaying these paints. any suggestions?

For all lacquers, enamels, and alcohol-based acrylics, I use lacquer thinners for clean up.

Kev

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

For all lacquers, enamels, and alcohol-based acrylics, I use lacquer thinners for clean up.

Kev

57 minutes ago, Thunnus said:

Me 2!  For cleanup, I use hardware grade lacquer thinners and not the more expensive hobby thinners.

Yep!  My $9.95 gallon can of Ace Hardware lacquer thinner goes just a wee bit further than my $15.00 400ml bottle of Mr Hobby thinner