europapete

OK, at the risk of being banned.....

16 hours ago, mozart said:

Well I’ll tell you what did it for me with Britmodeller Steve. A year or so ago I decided to participate in a Trainer Aircraft GB, I was doing  1/32 Harvard in a fair amount of detail as is my wont. One of the “in” people was making a 1/72 Harvard. As you’ll know the idea of a GB is mutual support etc but I was virtually a lone voice except for occasional comments from one other chap. The “in” fellow of course received legion of encouraging comments and plaudits, so I stopped wasting my time and left. One person had the good grace to belatedly acknowledge the lack of interest in my build but that was it.

1/32 v 1/72? Out-crowd v In-crowd? Who knows, but prejudice for whatever reason to my mind and cause enough not to visit very often and never to do a WiP. 

I still don’t understand the scale wars. To me, if a good model is good, it’s good regardless of the scale (sorry LSP).
What I value most in a forum is the sharing and the camaraderie. That’s why I’m here ;)

Some kits i cannot find, afford or are not available in LSP scales so i have to make in lower scales. Never bothered me in the past. 

I must admit I have dipped down into 1/48 for multi engined aircraft that would be just too big for my display cabinets and I did once build a 1/48 Westland Whirlwind because there was not a 1/32 scale version. But I failed miserably with a 1/72 scale B-24, it was much too small for my sausage fingers.

Cheers

Dennis

I used to have a mixture of scales in the past, larger part being 1/32, and the rest 48 and 72, nothing smaller, and the "smaller-than-32" scales were of subjects that would never be released in a bigger scale, either 32nd or 24th, ....or so i thought!

Well, jumping forward to present time situation, only 1/32 and 1/24 are present, except for four very interesting aircraft (to me at least) in 1/72nd scale:  both Northrop flying wing designs, propellor driven and jet propulsed and the prototype N9M plus the eventual outcome being the B-2 bomber, i'm just fascinated by these aircraft.

Jack

7 hours ago, AlanG said:

Some kits i cannot find, afford or are not available in LSP scales so i have to make in lower scales. Never bothered me in the past. 

Agreed. I just recently acquired both a Kate and Val in 1:48 (Hasegawa kits), as larger options seem like they may never be available.

On 1/15/2020 at 2:29 AM, europapete said:

FYI, I should say that RI is Rhode Island in the US, just south of Boston. I am a transplant, Yorkshireman by birth. 

TRAITOR.  :fight:

leave GODS OWN COUNTRY ?!

:rofl:

:ninja:  :wicked:

I am a adopted Yorkshire person from India.

p.s.

would  never have guessed  RI was Rhode Island :frantic:

thought you meant Reunion  Island!:hmmm:  :rofl:  in the Indian Ocean..  off Madagascar  in case you thought was it WAS IN USA...  :evil_laugh:

Edited by MARU5137

lolol....not quite a traitor, I get home reasonably often, in fact just booked a BnB in Redmire for Easter. (Wensleydale). We will be over for about 10 days. BTW, any hobbyshops in the Yorkshire/Cumbria area stock Colourcoats paints? I need to stock up on the new RN series of colours for my HMS Hood. Reunion Island, hhmmmm, I ought to get my maps out and see how many RI's there actually are!! :thumbsup:

Well, this day turned out rather different than expected. Turns out Darlene and I booked a trip home THIS WEEKEND! for my mum's birthday. (90).  we fly out friday and back tuesday.