Neil Peart is gone.

Lee White

25 minutes ago, Jack said:

sorry for my ignorance, don't know the gentleman, i'm sorry for his loss, but fill me in.......

He was simply the best drummer in rock and roll. Insane polyrhythms and oddball time signatures combined with power to make for some of the best musicianship ever. Google YYZ or Tom Sawyer by Rush and you'll see.

Just now, Lee White said:

He was simply the best drummer in rock and roll. Insane polyrhythms and oddball time signatures combined with power to make for some of the best musicianship ever. Google YYZ or Tom Sawyer by Rush and you'll see.

ok, i will, thnx.....

21 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

One of the best rock drummers of all time.

Drummer for the Canadian rock band RUSH.

RIP Neil!

I disagree, Neal was THE GREATEST DRUMMER of all time.  Neal for those who don't know was one of the greatest Musicians of our time not just a great drummer.  I am not a huge RUSH fan however, the music those guys did was the most complex and sophisticated rock music ever performed.  Just try to listen to Levillia Stringiata(I am sure I have it spelled wrong).  Neal invented the big drum kit and was an extraordinary person and technician in the Music field.  

NO!!!

lbzlyml.gif

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/neil-peart-rush-obituary-936221/

I knew he could not tour any longer from what I believed was Arthritis...never suspected he'd be taken by such a terrible illness. 

I am (and will always be) a dedicated RUSH fan.  Been one since 1980 - Permanent Waves Tour.

Edited by Juggernut

59 minutes ago, Lee White said:

For me, that title rightfully belongs to Terry Bozzio. If you want insane poly-rhythms, no one asked more of their drummers than Frank Zappa, and Terry was his drummer of choice for a number of years.

But saying who's "best" is pointless and futile. Neil was also a fantastic drummer, in a fantastic band, and his is a great, great loss.

Kev

Neil Peart:Rush as Ginger Baker:Cream. I’m gutted. What a loss. Getting old sucks. Though I only saw Rush once in 1985 it was a show I’ll not forget. My condolences to his family, the band and to his dedicated fans worldwide. A sad day indeed. 

j

Any sort of dedicated drummer, from total amateur (me) to the very technical and proficient professionals, recognized Peart as one of the very best, along with John Bonham and a host of others. An interesting coincidence, at least to me, Neil and I share the same birthday. I was never particularly a Rush fan, but always admired the technical musicianship of Neil. R.I.P., Neil.

I went to see RUSH several times in my youth.  2112, Farewell to Kings tour. What a loss.   We seem to be losing more and more these days.   RIP Neil.   Fantastic memories.   What a drummer.  

I was was driving cross country a few years back when Glenn Frey passed away.   I had to stop in Winslow, Az and there was already a number of flower arrangements placed on the corner.   

We’re all getting older Gents.  .