1/32nd ICM Gloster Gladiator @ SprueBrothers

Out2gtcha

I'll definitely be using your (cockpit contrast with the grey-green and silver is lovely) and Max's builds as guides for sure. I've got my scheme all picked out, just need to acquire the correct colors. Might be a minute or two before I start, as the ZM Nick will have me tied up for awhile I'm afraid.

Might be right after that though!

It will give you and Max time to get your trailblazing builds done so I can follow in your footsteps. . ;)

Hi Brian - knew this one would be popular with folks - got mine on back order with Hannants and don’t know when they are getting their next batch but fingers crossed not to long.
What scheme  are you going with - me I was thinking a British desert ….. but the more I see the pre-war silver schemes the more I am wavering. Oh what one to choose!:frantic:

I’m sorry, but I think that a US MSRP of $92 for a small single seat biplane is ridiculous.  I know people are going to bring up Wingnut Wings, but while ICM is very good, I don’t think they are WW quality.  It’s half the price of a Tamiya Mustang.  I’m not blaming Sprue Brothers because they don’t set the MSRP, but I think I’m priced out of this kit unless I get a deal, of get it from overseas.

56 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I’m sorry, but I think that a US MSRP of $92 for a small single seat biplane is ridiculous.  I know people are going to bring up Wingnut Wings, but while ICM is very good, I don’t think they are WW quality.  It’s half the price of a Tamiya Mustang.  I’m not blaming Sprue Brothers because they don’t set the MSRP, but I think I’m priced out of this kit unless I get a deal, of get it from overseas.

The SB price for the kit is 73.99.  Not cheap, but not full MSRP.

1 hour ago, 32scalelover said:

The SB price for the kit is 73.99.  Not cheap, but not full MSRP.

Yeah, I know what the SB price is.  I still think that much money for a 1/32 biplane fighter is too much, especially when armor kits with 3-4 times as many parts from companies like Miniart, Takom, and Rye Field Model are the same price.

Edited by Dave Williams

On 1/8/2020 at 8:30 PM, TaffyMan said:

Hi Brian - knew this one would be popular with folks - got mine on back order with Hannants and don’t know when they are getting their next batch but fingers crossed not to long.
What scheme  are you going with - me I was thinking a British desert ….. but the more I see the pre-war silver schemes the more I am wavering. Oh what one to choose!:frantic:

TaffyMan,

How quickly do you need/want to lay your hands on one of these? I have a couple available at £35 excluding p&p. If you are in no panic/hurry and don’t want to add p&p I could drop one off to you in/ near Newcastle. I split my work between London and the North. When I am working in the North I work across the length and breadth of Cumbria, Northumberland,  Tyne and Wear, County Durham, & North Yorkshire with a head office in Durham. The only issue is that I won’t be back in the North until Mid March, hence the question. However, if you are willing to assuage your desire to rip into this beautiful kit I could easily drop one off to you at a mutually acceptable location in or near Newcastle. Just let me know what you would like to do.