1/32 Tamiya P-51D-5 NA Mustang "Ferocious Frankie"

Antonio Argudo

37 minutes ago, Uncarina said:

Antonio,

Amazing. I have never seen anyone attempt to replicate this. And there are a multitude of Mustang builds out there! This is truly something special. Way to go!

Cheers,  Tom

thanks for your kind words Tom,  although I'm not the first in doing this, I was inspired by Olivier's "Misurii Armada" wheel bay in 1/48 and also I've seen in other builds, thanks for comment anyway mate! cheers ;)  

Antonio

Edited by Antonio Argudo

10 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

I like that.  What typeface and point size?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

no idea Mark I didn't make it myself,  just  reworked  the one used in Olivier's build,  the  alclad sheet I posted needs to be reduce to a 15% to  make it 1/32 scale, hope it helps, cheers mate!

10 hours ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

talking about attention to detail :blink::thumbsup:

thanks  mate, sometimes it is possible lol, cheers

today I  finished the decals applying..  some YZC formers and dark washes, next will be the plumbing fun :unsure:

cheers

Whats-App-Image-2020-01-29-at-20-32-16.j

On 1/28/2020 at 6:30 PM, Antonio Argudo said:

thanks man, I appreciate it, cheers

thanks Bevan,  I printed a pilot last year, it came out quite well in 1/48 scale so in 1/32 scale   will  have even more  resolution detail,  cheers

antonio2.jpg

Thanks Master Mark B) cheers!

Thanks John,  yes, glad that this technology is finally affordable for our poquet and  hobby :). cheers 

Thanks kev, glad you like it man! cheers

Tonight  task, I decided to replicate the Alclad stamps on the  undersurface wing visible through  the wheel bays, I printed  it on transparent decal with my ink printer,  manage to complete one side, tomorrow the other ^_^.

thanks for watching, cheers

if anyone want to print his own here it is

DSC-1156.jpg

alclad-good.jpg

Whats-App-Image-2020-01-29-at-00-04-58.j

Amazing work!  If anyone wants to take the easy way for these markings, Fundekals includes them on their P-51 stencils sheet.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 1:15 AM, chuck540z3 said:

I really like the extra detail you are adding to this model, which sets it off from the rest.  Great job!

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, very appreciated from a superb  modeler like you, we are working both for NAA  aircraft at the moment :) cheers

On 1/30/2020 at 3:16 PM, John1 said:

Amazing work!  If anyone wants to take the easy way for these markings, Fundekals includes them on their P-51 stencils sheet.   

thanks  John  for the info,  there is a new Alclad decals  in the market, coincidence? ;)

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/PF32412P?result-token=mBaQK&fbclid=IwAR0v6EtqXi2X4XmsWFtM9X8zJLffqbX-ZTdVfoXWJy-4LYraxRZMGCsWD84

I have not update since it's been boring stuff and not much visual, lots of sanding and filling rivets/panel lines... still more to sand and prime ahead but getting closer to the paint phase,  most of the "silver" paint has been striped using superglue cleanner, I find out by accident, it works fine and does not damage the plastic,  the wheel bay will be closed since is the position  depicted in the image I'm rendering, so that excuse me from losing my mind  with those pipes and wires detailing :lol:

also  a big shout to my friend Mathieu who kindly  sent me  stencils made  in the silhouette   for "Ferocious Frankie"  markings, cheers 

Whats-App-Image-2020-02-18-at-00-51-21.j

Whats-App-Image-2020-02-18-at-00-51-19-3

84690887-1063721350644879-22658402593443

84847985-2459464574278478-73321694181195

Edited by Antonio Argudo

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

thanks Nick for the interest, the answer it is yes, I actually got back at Ferocious 2 weeks ago but have another minor project to finish before, so stay tuned to see some paint on her soon, Mustang mojo is back;)

Cheers

Edited by Antonio Argudo