1/32 Messerschmitt Bf 108 'Taifun' by Eduard

pvanroy

9 minutes ago, John1 said:

Interesting "wood-finished" PE.   Kit looks pretty nice.

Yes, except those are for the 1/48 HK B-17G :-p Curious to see what wood panels are provided for this kit. I am not aware of any of the Bf-108 being made of exposed wood like that.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

1 hour ago, Dennis7423 said:

Yes, except those are for the 1/48 HK B-17G :-p Curious to see what wood panels are provided for this kit. I am not aware of any of the Bf-108 being made of exposed wood like that.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Oops, I just skimmed through the article, thought it was all for the -108.   Regardless, that PE looks nice, however I didn't think the B-17 had much in the way of exposed wood?  Thought the floors were covered with black rubber matting and vertical surfaces were all painted?

1 hour ago, John1 said:

Oops, I just skimmed through the article, thought it was all for the -108.   Regardless, that PE looks nice, however I didn't think the B-17 had much in the way of exposed wood?  Thought the floors were covered with black rubber matting and vertical surfaces were all painted?

While this is definitely for another thread, the B-17 had exposed/varnished wood throughout much of the interior floor. The non-slip rubber matting was a post-war application, and sometimes a field mod, although I have never seen photos of it applied in the field during WWII. I'm thinking it was more an OSHA thing than anything else :-)

So this isn't a complete thread creep, what are the odds we see a Brassin engine for this guy? I know they have already earmarked the prop and wheel sets for it, but I wonder if we'll see anything else?

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Yes, in an ideal world I'd also have two: one in the 'airfield strafing scene ' markings from 633 Squadron and the other in Gentlemen Farmer Lindsay Walton's 1980's UK airshow participant scheme - Lindsay ( apart from being a very nice guy and a lot of fun) held the dubious record of being 'shot down' at more shows than anyone else!!

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

11 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Did they use a 108 in The Last Crusade, too!

Yes, they did use a 108 for this, though I believe it was a French Nord built 108.  It is currently on display at HARS, south of Sydney.

Cheers,

Michael