1/32 Messerschmitt Bf 108 'Taifun' by Eduard

pvanroy

Eduard has announced that they'll be releasing a ProfiPack Messerschmitt Bf 108 'Taifun' in May this year (see p. 5, end of page):

https://www.eduard.com/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2020/info-eduard-2020-01.pdf 

They state the kit wasn't designed by them, but they bought it from another designer - so I suppose that's what happened to the Striped Fighter Bf 108. They also state that this will be a one-off venture into 1/32, unless they can buy another design in the future, or the Bf 108 turns out to be a big seller.

Edited by pvanroy
Correct URL

21 minutes ago, mozart said:

This is very good news indeed! Let’s hope it happens after earlier disappointments. 

+1!  I thought the SF Bf-108 looked rather good, so this is good news. Something different is certainly welcome, especially for those of us who like Civi, racers and trainers

I'm certainly glad the Striped Fighter project didn't simply disappear, never to be seen again, so kudos to Eduard for picking it up.

This is what Google Translate gives for the relevant passage in the Eduard Newsletter:

In May we release the ProfiPack Bf 108 in 1/32 scale. It is not the origin of our kit, it was created by the company Foke, which is very seriously producing industrial robots. Typhoon was created as, say, ancillary production, and for some reason they decided it wasn't the nutty thing for them, so they sold Typhoon. The good news for admirers of large models is that they can have typhoon if they want, worse then, that this kit does not give hope for another two-thirds of our company. So if someone does not sell us again or it turns out that the Bf 108 is really a sales hook. Which cannot be excluded that.

No idea why one of the world's largest model companies doesn't use English for their newsletter, but Eduard sure can be baffling at times.

Kev

23 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

No idea why one of the world's largest model companies doesn't use English for their newsletter, but Eduard sure can be baffling at times.

They usually do publish their monthly newsletter in English and Russian language as well.
So I'd expect it will appear in coming days...

EDIT:

From their FB page:

English version of Info Eduard will be launched tomorrow at 5 p.m. Thank you for your patience!

Great news, by the way.

:)

Juraj

Edited by Trak-Tor

26 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Kev

Why English?  If they really want to attract market share, their PR releases should be in Chinese.   Regardless, I’m excited about this release.   Hope it sells well for them and they wade deeper into the LSP pool.  

Edited by John1