F-16 in maintenance

Hello guys. I am working on my kit of F-16 and searching for some photos with weapons loaded plane with some panels opened (M61, part of engine and radar.)

. Please, have somebody  somephotos? 

I know it´s against all rules, but I heard about few photos and searching them. Something like this one... . source: Alamy.com

I heard about two more photos. On first is opened Vulcan, radar and loaded HARMs... and one second is fully loaded plane and mechanics moving the engine out of airplane... but I can´t find them. I´am searching really long time and thats the reason why I´m trying to ask here.... :-)

Thank you very much.

Here is one photo I found on Alamy.com

FFTuoFf.jpg

5 hours ago, Palm-tree said:

Errrr, a quick search of F-16 engine change brought up quite a lot of images.

Maybe that may help?

Best of luck with the project.

Thank you. I have a lot of pistures with changing engine on F16. But in 99,9% they have only external fuel tanks. 

I am searching for photos with loaded ordanance and some panels open. 

From some "special unexpected situations". Thank you! : -) 

On 1/7/2020 at 11:29 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

The reason you can't find them is because, as you say, this is "against the rules".  It's not really against the rules per se, it's just not something that happens in the real world.  Ordnance is loaded shortly before a mission is flown, and unless something breaks before launch, all the panels are buttoned up long before that happens.  Maintenance is not performed on loaded aircraft as a rule.

Do whatever you want to with a model of course, but it likely won't reflect the real world if you open up all kinds of stuff with a full load of ordnance.

I undestand. But as I said, photos exist, but I cant find them :-(

Edited by CruZz

6 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

You could possibly find a photo of anything these days.  A spotted dog dancing on the statue of Abraham Lincoln in Washington.  But that still doesn’t mean it’s something that happens routinely.  Since you’re asking about a photograph to use to do something to your model, why not just do what you want to do, since it won’t represent 99.99999% of the reality of the airplane you’re doing it with?

Jennings I fully understand you. But I still think, thant in some very special situation is it possible. 

It does not have to be direct "maintenace"  it can only be a unexpected quick check. 

Are you looking for the pic for reference, or to validate your choice to show the plane in a situation that is, at the least, very rare? I'm sure you can find plenty of pics of one undergoing maintenance, and you seem certain you have seen them being worked on while armed, so whats the need for the pics?

Edited by eoyguy

I want to build a model which have a loaded missiles and opened part of engine, M61 Vulcan.... 

I have few photos different planes as a example:

Tornado, where are loaded GBUs and mechanics removing the engine.

Superhornet on flightdeck with loaded JADAMs and side panel with avionics are opened....

So what I need is photo like in my fist post. But with Vulcan, or something else.... 

The point is that I trying to find photos about I heard. Because of rules in our nation competition. I Need photo of almost complete plane when I want to prove, the comlete situation it what the plane is. 

But because nobody now propably have them, I will choose kit without missiles. 

Edited by CruZz

JAWS is an F-16 guy in his unit's engine shop.  He knows his stuff.  

As he said, the jet you've shown in the pic isn't undergoing 'maintenance.'  It's merely getting a quick check.  Opening up the panels over the gun isn't a 'quick check.'  that is only done during routine inspections during phase or when the gun breaks.  Either way, the jet's explosives (weapons and cartridges in the pylons/bomb racks) are downloaded.  A jet in a hangar, for obvious reasons, has no live ordnance loaded, which is why finding photos of A USAF JET depicted as such isn't likely to happen.

The super Hornet pic you referenced is also only undergoing a quick check.  the avionics panels along its nose are quickly opened and checked during the preflight and post flight, but the same rules apply--before it's towed into the ship's hangar bay, all explosive ordnance is downloaded.

Jake

Thank you Jake.

I will finally make a plane with opened part of engine, Vulcan, avionics in nose and will load only fuel tanks and training Amraams....... probably....

I´m not an english speaking guy, so please sorry for word "maintenance".... all what I´m looked for was plane with ordnance and opened panels...

For it wasn´t important if is it "maintenance" or quick check or something else....