Aftermarket accessories

kopterdoctor

That is a loaded question! There is so many factors. The big one being what you are looking for and who carries it. Being in AZ, Kitlinx is a good choice as they are in Utah and will get stuff that is in stock to you quickly. Spruebrothers is also very quick and carries AMS and a large range of kits and other accessories. M&Models has some WWI lines such as Gaspatch and Aviattic and other small companies. But for a lot of vendors I go directly to the source. AIMS, Aerocraft, RB Productions, Archer Transfers, Fundekals, etc it is just better to go directly to the source in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, kopterdoctor said:

Ray

I should have been more specific I’m thinking 1/32 or 1/48, tires, landing gear, wheels wells and cockpit so froth and so on.

My answer is the same! BTW, I am now in Cave Creek, AZ. Need to update my info, though we haven't sold our home in Jefferson yet.

Sprue Brothers is usually my first stop for aftermarket. although there are tons of vendors who have their own web sites or sell only on eBay. The best way to find those is to Google or eBay search terms like "1/32 F-4 seats" or "1/32 F-15E decals," etc. For 1/48, The 48ers (LINK) is a pretty good one-stop-shop. 

Your best bet might be to narrow things down a bit by asking what's available for a specific kit.

Ben 

The hands down best way to buy after market is to watch for someone selling roughly what you want in a package deal.  Say you want to build a F-15E in 1/32, in time someone is going to list one here or on ebay either kit and aftermarket bundle or just the aftermarket stuff.  Usually you can buy as a bundle deal from the secondary market at a far better price than paying retail.  

Even if it does not have everything you want in the bundle deal, you can shop for any other items.  If it comes with items you don’t need you can sell them off and recover some of your cost toward what you do need.  Recently on ebay an Tamiya 1/32 F-14A bundle sold which had almost everything needed to build either an F-14A or an F-14D conversion and so you could have sold off all the excess bits and paid for a bunch of the purchase.  Sale price on that one was $255.00 and it probably had $400.00 + in retail value or resale value to part the whole package out.  

I have the same “go to” places as mentioned by others. For US sites like SprueBros and ScaleHobbyist primarily. For many (most?) aftermarket products that are made overseas though, it’s usually cheaper to also buy them from overseas from either sites like Hannants, HobbyEasy, BNA, ebay, etc, and often direct through the manufacturer themselves. Even with postage from international, it’s usually still cheaper. Especially if you’re buying more than one thing at a time. I usually place a relatively large order of only aftermarket, even a high dollar order from Hannants for example will only be $15 or so shipping.

But I always shop around and go cheapest usually overall (but from reputable places) and always try to order several things at once to cut down on wasted additional postage costs for separate small orders.