ICM Gladiator slow build. Finished!

quang

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Rigging wont be as bad as it seems prior to actually starting it. I think I might try Max's plan of using Bobs cut tubes as well once I get my hands on a Mk.II.  

As a matter of fact, prior to the accident,  I did some test-rigging on the tail part of the Glad. You can see it on the photos of the wreckage.

I used the Prym thread which Max generously sent me and 'turnbuckles' I made from heat-stretched styrene tube. It does not look too bad except for the turnbuckles which could be a bit tidier. I could have used Bob's buckles but I'm impatient and I'm ...cheap. B)

10 minutes ago, mozart said:

Funnily enough I dropped mine as well at exactly the same stage.....one u/c leg off but the lower wing stayed on. Piece of cake to fix! 

As a consolation, let's say that it gives me the opportunity to re-adjust the u/c position which would never be corrected otherwise :P

That's a shame about your accident - she was looking beautiful! I'm sure you'll get it sorted out, though. This is a kit I'm tempted to get, but first I need to get ICM's I-153. Both the Gladiator and the Chaika are two of my favourite aircraft.

Regards,

Jason

18 minutes ago, Learstang said:

That's a shame about your accident - she was looking beautiful! I'm sure you'll get it sorted out, though. This is a kit I'm tempted to get, but first I need to get ICM's I-153. Both the Gladiator and the Chaika are two of my favourite aircraft.

Regards,

Jason

Hello Jason,

I was also tempted by the ICM Chaika as a follow-up but I played it safe. I got a Special Hobby Bristol M1.C, ... a monoplane :P

GLAD to be on my feet again!

ED9-EEC3-D-8-FD1-4551-B2-C6-B4-A1-DD8829

Cheers,

Quang

12 minutes ago, Greif8 said:

Sorry to hear about the accident.  The build looks great thought especially the IP and Sutton Harness.

The IP is strictly OOB.

Apart from the RB Productions Sutton harness, no aftermarket was used in this build. This kit is exceptional!

12 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Great to see her on her feet! Good choice on the Bristol M1.C, but with the Chaika's gull wing and I-struts it may need less rigging than the M1.C!

Regards,

Jason

Now that I've tried it, the rigging scares me less than the second wing. Just ask Max!