ICM Gladiator slow build. Finished!

quang

That's coming along really well Quang, I like it a lot!  I didn't even think about attachment points for the shoulder belt seat straps but I can see yours is correct.  I'll have to sort mine out at some point!

Thank you Michael!

And the build goes on ...

The fuselage is closed. The fit is excellent except for the underside triangle which needs a bit of tweaking and putty to restore the canvas texture.

77-BD21-D4-509-A-4935-98-D8-B5-B5781-D79

A nice detail: the oil tank ahead of the cockpit. It’s countersunk. Don’t try to make it level with the rest of the fuselage :P

BC5-D3406-64-B5-427-E-B7-B1-0-F0-B4-A2-E

Explorer Max warned us about the fragile tailwheel and the equally unstable horizontal stabs, argually some of the few weak spots of the kit. They were duly fixed before going further.

The tailwheel join was made stronger by the addition of a length of guitar string.

B830131-E-1-E8-C-4-BBB-AB3-F-EB70-F48735

2896-CB52-C758-49-D7-92-DC-8-E2-A2-C2-BC

The two horizontal stabs are joined by a single metal rod for extra stability.

031792-E0-22-FD-4430-8-B17-9-B11431-CA93

The cooling mat is installed. A final detail: a hole on the right cowling with a curved tubing protruding

4-A326522-4011-4410-9459-75-B1436-DB20-F

The fuselage is now ready for the paint shop to-morrow.

That's it folks. Comments and questions are welcomed.

Until next time,

Cheers,

Quang

Edited by quang

5 hours ago, Uncarina said:

Quang,

I am learning a lot here!

Cheers,  Tom

Glad that you find it helpful, Tom.

49 minutes ago, mozart said:

Good spot with that pipe Quang, it’s that kind of detail that can make all the difference, can’t think how I hadn’t seen it given the number of Gladiator pictures I’ve pored over! :blush:

I found the pipe while discussing the oil tank with a friend. :rolleyes: 
It always helps to have someone to discuss with. Hence the existence of forums such as this one. ;)

Great stuff Quang!  I'm really tempted by this kit at SB.com, but its a tad pricey there. Might have to get it elsewhere................but it will be had. Between you and  Max, the builds are real poster-boards for the kit. 

33 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great stuff Quang!  I'm really tempted by this kit at SB.com, but its a tad pricey there. Might have to get it elsewhere................but it will be had. Between you and  Max, the builds are real poster-boards for the kit. 

Prices are everywhere, Brian. In a tiny country like Belgium, the Gladiator costs between 45 and 56 euros. In Poland, it costs as low as the equivalent of 35 euros.

Hopefully the prices will settle after a while.

5 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

I thought this was going to be the slow build! :whistle:

Thanks to Max. He cleared the way. What’s left for me is a smooth ride down the Champs Elysées! :beer: