Pacific Coast Models Fiat G 55- finito

chrish

Thank you very much for the encouragement guys!

I'm pretty sure it's the color scheme that was calling to me over the last few weeks/builds! It sure is something different I agree and great enjoyment to try my hand at it.

Probably wont be my last Italian single engine now that I've got a taste for it...

• chrish changed the title to Pacific Coast Models Fiat G 55- painting

the Italians had a few 'hump back' fighters which I don't find very appealing but this is an attractive airframe for me

the kit looks like hard work and not something I'd be interested in to build, but you have mastered it beautifully

looking forward to seeing this weathered and completed

thank you for sharing

Nick

Thank you kindly for the encouragement!

I can build fast because...I have no real social life. At least not in winter (-27 with the windchill today... 15 cm of snow in the weather forcast)

I went with a light weathering, more dirt than weather I guess, except a bit of chipping on the prop. I need to clean up the seam around the windshield, fit upper cowl guns to the previously drilled holes  mask the clear bits and re-flat coat (after the oil paints dry) and fit an antenna wire...aaaannnnnnd I think that's all?

tcFEloN.jpg

XC5K8kM.jpg

5MmH0zk.jpg

irYV2Ry.jpg

EKhDHgk.jpg

naFNsL9.jpg

Thanks for looking

5 hours ago, chrish said:

So the oils I used for streaking are still drying....Never one to sit patiently by, I started something I've been kicking around for years.

Hopefully...someday... this will look like Franz Stigler...

vOvg20q.jpg

doing this

tYK7wsG.jpg

but in 1/32 it may be to big a project for me

That's going to be a very ambitious project - and excellent work on the G.55 too !!

Lothar

• chrish changed the title to Pacific Coast Models Fiat G 55- finito
2 hours ago, chrish said:

Looking at pics I notice a dent in the left leading edge, I'll get back to that...Strangely I cant see it by eye!

That looks like the typical gouge you get when clipping the parts of the sprues. I get 'em all the time, and they can sneak past you if you're not vigilant!

Kev