Condensed/Expanded view broken for Unread Content

Dave Williams

Has the condensed view for unread content been broken for anyone else since just before the new year?  I had my feed set for condensed (just topic titles with new content), but now it’s always expanded (a few lines of the actual post included), and the condensed/expanded toggle in the upper right doesn’t seem to change anything.  There is a post over at ARC asking the same things, and suggesting it’s due to a recent Invision software update.

Two other members have reported this problem to me so far, and it does indeed seem to be related to the recent software update. Why exactly it took a couple of weeks to reveal itself is a bit of a mystery, but I'm wondering if the arrival of the new year didn't trigger it. As far as I can tell, the problem is limited to the unread/latest content views only. My guess is that Invision are already aware of the bug, and we'll see another software update in due course.

Kev

Just now, Lothar said:

Works again on another site (BM) after an update has been released.

Lothar

There's been no update released that I'm aware of, Lothar. The last one was released in early December, which I applied mid-December. As an administrator, new updates get advertised to me by a huge banner across the top of the site, and there isn't one currently.

Kev

The Invision support site has confirmed the existence of the bug (triggered by a hard-coded cookie expiration date, set for - you guessed it - 2020), and as mentioned by Lothar, has allegedly released an update that fixes it. The problem is, I'm not seeing it! I'll pursue it further, and hopefully we'll have it sorted soon.

Kev