New year, will we learn of any new LSPs from “quiet” manufacturers?

seiran01

3 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

What I do not get is why more Asian manufacturers do not choose the 'middle way'? They could easily invest in new versions of existing kits for a very moderate investment. Typically, they have extreme policies: either create full new kits or just re-release existing ones, possibly with new decals. Except Eastern Europe companies, most producers do not seem to understand they could 'milk the cow' far more efficiently with other variants that typically just ask for a new small sprue. I do not get that from a business perspective. 

I think Dragon milked their cow dry with their Bf.109E and 110.C-E kits!! ... and Tamiya milked their Mustangs, Spitfires and Corsairs ... but you're right ... for the main part we tend to see one variant and repop!

Rog :)

Well not so much as for Jumo 109 or 110 F/G, we have no injected model options from Dragon. And with regard to Tamiya, the early Merlin Spit or late Griffon ones are not there! And we have the same situation for Korean War era Corsairs... And what about the Zero A6M3 model 22 for which Tamiya already produced at least 95% of the parts? Weird to say the least...! 

2 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Well not so much as for Jumo 109 or 110 F/G, we have no injected model options from Dragon. And with regard to Tamiya, the early Merlin Spit or late Griffon ones are not there! And we have the same situation for Korean War era Corsairs... And what about the Zero A6M3 model 22 for which Tamiya already produced at least 95% of the parts? Weird to say the least...! 

Also with regard to Tamiya are any spinoffs of their Mosquito kit.    Coastal Command and nightfighter variants come to mind as pretty straight forward.   I’d be surprised to see later versions of the Corsair.   Any of those would require significant modifications to the base kit. At best maybe just an RN version.  

I can see the Tamiya F-51, I don’t want one personally but I understand it as I am guessing they don’t have to add anything other than a decal sheet and appropriate marking instructions to the decal sheet along with minor mods to wings for rockets.  

I cannot begin to guess whether this will be a big seller or not but hopefully it helps their bottom line and gets them in the mood for a LSP down the road.

The F-51 for me is one of the less interesting Korean War birds I would go for.  I can always grab another Tamiya P-51 but it will be to do a WWII Bird, I owe it to myself still to do a Ed Landers Plane.  

There are so many kits out there that I am not worried about an all new Tamiya LSP but would be happy to see one when and if they do.  I got a deal on a Tamiya Mossie this year ready to go on my shelf, I kind of think that is my next plane build sometime latter this year.  Need to finish something else first.

Edited by cbk57

LEM kits is still busy pumping out LSP kits of aircraft never made as LSP kits before. Not one or two, but a fistful every year.

I wish Tan Models would release it's Su-33, but I guess things in Turkeys economy are going sideways nowadays.

ZM is busy. They offer new LSP kits before the last had hit the shelves in Europa. That's fast!

HPHs injection molding line is looming at the horizon. Let's se what Nurenberg toy fair will bring.

We've got brand new kits of both the F-5 and the Rafale. Today there are even both a Mig-23BN and a Mig-27 available. Great times for jet modellers!

With 55 unbuild LSP kits in the stash (counted them at years end) my true wish for this or next year is just a re-release of Revells Ju-88A-4, without all that expensive tech gimmicks. Would be a shame not to build up these nice AIMS conversions I have at hand...

Regards

- dutik

10 hours ago, dutik said:

We've got brand new kits of both the F-5 and the Rafale. Today there are even both a Mig-23BN and a Mig-27 available. Great times for jet modellers!

Regards

- dutik

Rafale? Please point me in the right direction as I'd love one.

Tony 

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

I'd love a 1/32 Super Etendard, but sadly it isn't going to happen, until maybe the day comes when you can order a basic kit in the scale of choice from somewhere like Shapeways. 

Indeed. I'm not holding my breath either for an injected model. What we need is a mad craftsman loving the plane so much that he will release some dozens of a large scale replica!