Messerschmitt Me 262A-1a Trumpeter 1:32

Lud13

Hello all 

I managed to finish my third LSP this year, truly great result for me.

This one was long enough on a shelf of doom, started this one three or four years ago and I just somehow stalled on it.

So after I finished last 109 decided to give this one a second chance.

Now I know lots of you guys consider this one to be one of the best Trumpeter models which it is but it just decided to battle with me.

I used Model Master Authentic Enamels RLM81/83/76 ( it should be 81/82 but MM somehow mixed 82 and 83 )and Valejo varnishes

Also used is  mix of kit and Kagero decals, missing wnr for tail but hope to find them in future, as I was very keen to this paint scheme.

I did not want to over done weathering effect, it is there but not so prominent on pictures.

Kit represent mount of Gruppenadjutant Oblt. Gunther Wegmann, Stab III./JG7 

Gunther Wegmann scored seven victories flying Me262 and 14 in total.

So here are some pictures hope u guys like it

vlYwcTp.jpg

jGFZoR8.jpg

IAFxYLw.jpg

yCzUJwl.jpg

w0p15sq.jpg

w1lsHnE.jpg

bSGN6CL.jpg

Pg86YBM.jpg

PvPRxhP.jpg

xtGiIvl.jpg

adWc0Ab.jpg

vtCRR2j.jpg

Very nice!  Not sure if you experienced the same thing but I had a difficult time managing the various joints on the nose, along the wing roots and also where the fuselage bottom meets the wings.  A good kit but it can definitely fight you at times.  You did very well and the result speaks for itself!

1 hour ago, Thunnus said:

Very nice!  Not sure if you experienced the same thing but I had a difficult time managing the various joints on the nose, along the wing roots and also where the fuselage bottom meets the wings.  A good kit but it can definitely fight you at times.  You did very well and the result speaks for itself!

Yes John, those are exactly the problems I had..

Actually Dany when i got this kit first paint scheme i wanted to do was white 17 in RLM74/75/76. Even got me a set of Montex masks but when i saw this scheme in  Kagero book couldn't resist.

So I am thinking of getting Revell 262 and finish it as white 17