Best modelling purchases of 2019 and why?

DrDave

6 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Man, are we going to have to hit up another IPMS show to kick start your modeling Mojo??  :lol:

That would probably do it!!

Now that you mention shows, I DID buy a few resin items from Barracuda in April at the Seattle show, so I guess it was only about 8 months, and it only came to about 40 bucks if I recall correctly. So maybe 50 bucks total for the year? That's not a even a kit's worth. (I spent a LOT more on things that make lots of noise, but I'm not saying any more than that here) :)

1 hour ago, rigor said:

Not one single thing for 2019 everything still packed up. For two plus years now beginning to for get what I have :huh:

I unfortunately do that a bit too frequently. I recently ordered a nice book from Amazon, only to discover that I already have one sitting here.

20 hours ago, Alain Gadbois said:

That's a great catch Max!

Lots of opportunities to practice those overwing markings!

Here's an idea for the trainer GB:

A Siskin trainer in the RCAF in 1928, at St-Hubert airport, with the R100 mooring mast visible in the distance. That's a few minutes from home! Unfortunately the mast was destroyed many years ago as it was a hazard for flying.

kCFvML2.jpg

Here's another one, RAF now, I just found with Google:

WQcRBGZ.jpg

Happy new year!

Alain

Thanks Alain, some really good pictures there, quirky looking little plane isn't it!  Happy New Year to you too!

20 minutes ago, mozart said:

Thanks Alain, some really good pictures there, quirky looking little plane isn't it!  Happy New Year to you too!

Max, I really like the Siskin, and this was a perfect occasion to post some photos of a  British interwar biplane!

I hope you get around to build it, single or two seater.

Alain

Too busy working on my house/ property to build, but did hit a couple of shows. Sold a bunch at one show, and acquired a couple of kits I wanted. I also parlayed a trade into a Ki-45, so added that. So, the only other kit I really wanted was the WNW Gotha UWD. So, slightly rotated the stash, and acquired a few kits I really wanted. More stash rotation and alignment to do, and always new kits.