Best modelling purchases of 2019 and why?

DrDave

I love buying tools (probably the auto mechanic in me) When I buy a great tool I ask myself "how the heck did I get by without this?" Thinnerline circle cutter for one...punch set, scribing templates, razor saws etc. The list just goes on and on.

Kits? they just keep coming! better and better! It's hard to say which was best for me.

6 hours ago, Fanes said:

For me it was definitely the Silhouette cutter for my own masks!

595459-34859-16.jpg

5 hours ago, DrDave said:

Tell us more mate. I’m thinking about one.

If I had to rate my best modeling purchase of all time, I'd say it was my Silouhette cutter!

Best modeling purchase I've made to date. Its already paid for itself several times over.

I don’t know. It’s more of a decision just arrived at rather than a purchase. Earlier in the year after finding myself bogged down in every build with adding resin and etch details to seemingly every project started and never ever finishing anything, instead starting a new kit leading to several started kits all stalled at nearly the same stage I decided to sell off 95% (kept 2 Tamiya Spitfires and my Tamiya Mosquito) of my 1/32 and 1/24 kits to step down to 1/48 stuff with the idea being less complicated builds leading to some completed builds, which did sort of happen in that I did complete a couple of kits but realising the parts are just so dammed small I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m going to again, sell a chunk of the stash and get back in to 1/32 stuff. But just go with single engine props. Jets and multi engine props due to size will continue to be in 1/48. So the 3 1/32 kits I kept will be brought down from the attic and the next purchase for the new stash will be a Tamiya P-51D. So despite the fact I never really went away, I’m back in the large scale fold. However this time around, it’s buy a bit, build it and only then buy the next kit. A self imposed stash limit of 5 kits has been declared. 

7 hours ago, mozart said:

No brainer for me, without a doubt bagging these three all in one go from a chap on eBay, but negotiating a mutually beneficial deal to take them off the auction:

13dFkF.jpg
1ngqYh.jpg
nikSjY.jpg

I just need the time to settle down and make them now!

That's a great catch Max!

Lots of opportunities to practice those overwing markings!

Here's an idea for the trainer GB:

A Siskin trainer in the RCAF in 1928, at St-Hubert airport, with the R100 mooring mast visible in the distance. That's a few minutes from home! Unfortunately the mast was destroyed many years ago as it was a hazard for flying.

kCFvML2.jpg

Here's another one, RAF now, I just found with Google:

WQcRBGZ.jpg

Happy new year!

Alain