Due in late Feb.....

MikeMaben

7 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

The buildups they’ve shown at recent hobby expos make it seem more like it was the A- or B+ team.

From initial observations without seeing the kit, Id agree. For me, I think that will be fine, as Im hoping I can correct whatever may actually be fixable/worth fixing. 

There have been multiple threads about this kit both here and on ARC.   Unless HB made some changes to the model from when it was photographed a few months back, it appears that there are some issues with this kit, some of which appear to be quite difficult to correct.   Is it a case of "hating" HB/Trumpy?  Not at all.    And I'm certainly not suggesting that the kit should be tossed out.  Just a matter of caveat emptor. 

From my past experience, I've learned even things that may seem near impossible to correct like cowls or an entire wings worth of panels being off, can be corrected..............sometimes. 

Again, for me its a lot better than the other 1/32nd injection molded Invader options. 

26 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

From my past experience, I've learned even things that may seem near impossible to correct like cowls or an entire wings worth of panels being off, can be corrected..............sometimes. 

Again, for me its a lot better than the other 1/32nd injection molded Invader options. 

Yep, if you want to throw enough time and money into addressing an issue, anything is possible!

Modelling , Hmm a very broad church , and something I've been thinking about , while working on the Buc, For xmas I got  a Tamiya Spit XVI , A state of the art kit, perhaps the very definition of the art of modelling, and an Iconair Seafang , a beautiful Resin kit, that will need skill to finish , and then we have the Buc,

I'm now halfway through my 3rd attempts at scratchbuilding the air brake assembly , Scrap plasticard, sanding dust , knives and dust everywhere - yup real modelling , pouring over plans, dividers out  , measuring ,  cutting , and to use the good English word Fettling the heck out of everything 

What I guess I'm saying is there's a place for all styles of modelling ,and I SO hope the Trumpeter A-26  falls into the first category , because to be honest  I'm getting tired of the 3rd!!!