Focke Achgelis Fa 330 by Fly

Marcleon

HG7vOF.jpg

I thought I would post this build as I have seen very few examples of this kit online - either as complete builds or blogs. I do wonder why - it is pretty funky, was used operationally and seems quite small and not that difficult to build... OK, some resin and photo-etch involved! The entire structure is exposed though, and the kit is well molded but typical short run - lots of mold seam lines, very big sprue attachment points and very little in the way of locating points..  The resin looks fine but fragile, and the PE has lots of tiny parts... Can you spot the main tubular frame on the only plastic frame supplied?

HG7Uxa.jpg

Well, here it is separated from the sprue.... unfortunately if you look carefully at the first  sprue image you can see a portion of the framework missing, this was completely missing from my kit..

HG7gWJ.jpg 

And so the first task was to add a suitable sprue replacement - carefully cut to length as this is where the tail surfaces attach...

HG7riv.jpg

I also added a tail skid - looks like a tubular structure in photographs - at the same time... Control column tried for size, seat that fell off sprue also seen....

Hopefully more soon! 

Regards,

Marc

Thank you to everyone who checked in, hope I don't disappoint! So on to adding the seat support structure to the main tube - no locating pins or marks - so use plans (provided) and help from photographs. Make sure to get it lined up and absolutely level... some tubing needs adding underneath first and the tubing from the control column connecting rod has to go through some of the structure, all a bit fiddly! Sorry about the poor quality pics - taken at night and I wanted to move on!

HMT1at.jpg

That little pulley thing in front of the control column base is a resin part - needs care as it's delicate - and structural. Then on to the landing skids - here there is some help with shallow cutouts and dimples to guide you and it fits well. Just be careful to get it all lined up!

HMTE8X.jpg

Another shot at a different angle - I added a lot more of the struts using sprue and the instructions - you can see the different colored sprue. The tank type thingie is the parachute in it's bag - seam needs attention! And then on to the rotor blades - they need lots of careful clean up but are well molded. The fabric detail seems good to me. Then some photo-etch needs adding... And starting to add the seat to the frame. The indent in the rear of the seat needs deepening so the seat sits level...

HMuCDG.jpg

I also added the tailplane - just to line things up and get it square. The vertical fin and rudder will be added after paint and decals... I hope that goes OK! So until next post, Regards,

Marc