1/32 F7F Tigercat or ME410

Aviacom

I have the chance of buying either of the 1/32 HPH resin kits of the F7F Tigercat or the ME410, relatively cheap, but.........I can’t decide which to get???

Which one would you have and why??

Has anyone built either of these and can show pictures and offer advice on them please?

Im not a newbie to resin kits nor shy away from a challenge!

Thanks

Me.410 ....

They screwed up the panel line alignment on one of the Tigercat's wings - if your definition of a "challenge" is to fill and re-scribe and re-rivet panel lines - then, ok!

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

The Tigercat is buildable, but as Rog points out validly the panel lines on the port wing do not line up at all. They are at least +5mm off. 

I ended up taking a template of the entire underside of the port wing using Frisket film, then filling the entire wing and the used the Frisket film pattern to scribe all the new wing panel lines.

There are a couple builds of it out there, but not sure other than mine now many actually addressed the issue.

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I ended up taking a template of the entire underside of the port wing using Frisket film, then filling the entire wing and the used the Frisket film pattern to scribe all the new wing panel lines.

Well, ....isn't THAT what building/adjusting/correcting  is all about. Like your Tigercat a lot......

Just to be on the fair side, all kits, IM or resin or whatever mostly don't have the ultimate perfect appearance or fit or accuracy (not even the Tamiya's of this world) but it's all about enjoying your build whatever purpose you have.......so in short: I'D GO FOR THE TIGERCAT......i'm sure if in reality these two opponents would have met the 410 would have gone down, really down.......

2 hours ago, Jack said:

Well, ....isn't THAT what building/adjusting/correcting  is all about ...

... Not for everyone, believe me ... I love building - and I don't mind dealing with the odd fitment issue ... but there is a point where frustration wins out ... and something like that Tigercat wing is WAY beyond my limit.

2 hours ago, Jack said:

...  it's all about enjoying your build whatever purpose you have ...

Exactly ... so if you enjoy that sort of thing ... awesome for you! ... just bear in mind that for some - less fiddling and more productivity with time gives a better feeling of accomplishment!

I'm definitely going to finish my T-Cat. It's not the complexity of the kit necessarily, it's the random fit issues and the amount of guestimation that has to be employed to get it complete.

That and the resin pool for small parts........

Getting those 40+ cylinders out of a .5mm resin pool, and cleaning them up equally was near maddening.

2 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

I bet (as in hope) somebody releases both of them in IM ...  someday  :rolleyes:

I wouldn't at all be surprised if HpH head down that road with them at some point ... they're doing the SB2C that way and they kitted that one up in resin 1st.

On 12/30/2019 at 2:52 AM, Artful69 said:

I wouldn't at all be surprised if HpH head down that road with them at some point ... they're doing the SB2C that way and they kitted that one up in resin 1st.

I was thinking more along the lines of ICM or SH.  :thumbsup::popcorn: