New 1/32nd stuff from ICM

Radders

8 hours ago, MikeC said:

Yes, me too.  When you think about it, a trainer is the most essential aircraft type of all: without them there would be no aircrew to fly anything else. 

I disagree.   I think it's pretty conclusive that "fighting" aircraft make the most popular subjects.   Not that I necessarily agree but you can't argue with the fact that trainers and transports make up a very small subset of aircraft models.

I've been pushing for years for someone to release a new tool large scale UH-1D/H Huey.  It's only the most popular helo ever made but was told by someone who was supposedly "in the know" that it was never a priority because it didn't "fight".   

12 minutes ago, John1 said:

I disagree.   I think it's pretty conclusive that "fighting" aircraft make the most popular subjects.   Not that I necessarily agree but you can't argue with the fact that trainers and transports make up a very small subset of aircraft models.

I've been pushing for years for someone to release a new tool large scale UH-1D/H Huey.  It's only the most popular helo ever made but was told by someone who was supposedly "in the know" that it was never a priority because it didn't "fight".   

What Mike is saying John is that training aircraft (not models) are the most essential type since without them the future fighter and bomber crews wouldn’t have even started flying......true of course for pilots, navigators, bomb aimers, w/ops and gunners. No one can argue that fighting aircraft are the most popular models and understandably so, but some of us like trainers too, in my own case because my father was a WW2 flying instructor (and therefore also essential!) 

8 hours ago, Artful69 said:

It would be nice if they decided to upscale some of their '48 stuff too (besides a couple of soviet releases like the PE.2 there's a couple of Dorniers in there)

However - that selection is lovely to start with ... well done ICM!

Rog :)

I have to say the thought of a 1:32 Pe 2 has me interested! Waaaay out of my usual sphere of interest, but quite the most handsome aircraft of its type from WW2, in my humble etc etc...

2019 has been a dreadful year in so many ways, but in the 1:32 kit world, we seem to be entering a golden, no, platinum age!  Here is to 2020, even if in the 'real' world events are sour and curdled, at least we have some fantastic projects coming down the line, and the promise of even more extraordinary products following on.

Happy New Year, us lot!

Edited by wunwinglow

1 hour ago, John1 said:

47 minutes ago, mozart said:

What Mike is saying John is that training aircraft (not models) are the most essential type since without them the future fighter and bomber crews wouldn’t have even started flying......true of course for pilots, navigators, bomb aimers, w/ops and gunners. No one can argue that fighting aircraft are the most popular models and understandably so, but some of us like trainers too, in my own case because my father was a WW2 flying instructor (and therefore also essential!) 

Spot on Max.  And they are also very colourful: what's not to like about lots of dayglo orange on a Chipmunk, or Hunter?

Agreed 100% on trainers Max!  Although its definitely true about the popularity of fighting models, there is also another factor in making fighting models more popular; there are just plain way less trainer models out there. That is not to say they would ever out sell models with guns, but there are a LOT of us out there who love trainers of all types.

1 hour ago, wunwinglow said:

I have to say the though of a 1:32 Pe 2 has me interested! Waaaay out of my usual sphere of interest, but quite the most handsome aircraft of its type from WW2, in my humble etc etc...

200% agreed!  I also think the  the PE-2 is an extremely handsome and colorful aircraft, and Id buy a 32nd version in a heartbeat. Loads of cool schemes 

UM0107-2.jpg?v-cache=1533738074

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

200% agreed!  I also think the  the PE-2 is an extremely handsome and colorful aircraft, and Id buy a 32nd version in a heartbeat. Loads of cool schemes 

UM0107-2.jpg?v-cache=1533738074

I also agree, bring it on. I'd love to have one of these in 1:32 scale, and it is indeed an excellent looking machine.

Agree they should scale up the Do 17 Z, Do 217 night-fighter and Pe-2 kits, and I'd add the MiG-25.

There are a lot of Cold War era trainers that deserve some love, especially the Jet Provost 3/4, Gnat T.1 and T-38A. Not really ICM's tipple, unfortunately, but maybe a Tiger Moth, Avro Anson or Airspeed Oxford is.

Their 1/24 scale vintage cars are quite funky.

Tony