New 1/32nd stuff from ICM

Radders

I just found a copy of Shores' "Pictorial History of the Mediterranean Air War" and it has several photos of CR 42's in both Italian and German schemes. Pretty good timing for me, as I haven't built anything in a Mediterranean color scheme yet.

1 hour ago, CATCplSlade said:

I just found a copy of Shores' "Pictorial History of the Mediterranean Air War" and it has several photos of CR 42's in both Italian and German schemes. Pretty good timing for me, as I haven't built anything in a Mediterranean color scheme yet.

Italian is the way to go if you want to have some airbrush fun.  If all of their bombers were available in a decent scale, there would be many hours of fun painting involved.

Well, I was pondering a New Year resolution to not buy any kits this year and build some of the stash: I don't think I've ever binned a New Year resolution before 1st January before.

14 hours ago, nmayhew said:

I always wondered who bought trainers...?

14 hours ago, mozart said:

Wonder no more Nick, I do! 

Yes, me too.  When you think about it, a trainer is the most essential aircraft type of all: without them there would be no aircrew to fly anything else. 

14 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

The reason so few people buy them is because nobody produces them.  I'm elated to get a 1/32 Stearman.  I hope they do a BT-13!

Indeed so.

12 hours ago, Phantom2 said:

I love trainers, we still need a Tiggie, Chippie and Bristol Bulldog just to my name a few of my favourites, and I have high hopes now that ICM will do them all!

There`s lots of them still needed to be done and 1/32nd scale is perfect for those often small aeroplanes!

Stefan :)

Agreed: I'm also starting to think that maybe we will eventually see a Jet Provost, Vampire T11 and Gnat as well.  As for the Bulldog, bring on a Scottish Aviation one as well.

6 hours ago, Gazzas said:

What, no He-51?  Scandalous!

After the I-153 and the Gladiator, it would not surprise me in the least if we saw one of those. 

The Hs-123 and He-51 are obvious future releases:

- same early war era

- same size and complexity

- never released as large scale injected models

- multiple versions were used

- 'used in combat' always sell better

- will sell well because of the black crosses over them

- even if not terrific, there are sufficient documents to create scale replicas

So, they are no-brainers... It is not that surprising their catalogue evolution is alas quite similar to the one of Silver Wings. If they simply used similar selection criterions, there should be multiple overlaps... 

Just writing up a review of the Gladiator this weekend (Santa brought me two!) - as with their other 1:32 subjects, I'm very impressed.

We were expecting the other versions of the Gladiator, but very pleased to see the Fiat and Stearman!

As others have said - I think they've got the balance of subject/quality and price spot on.

Iain