1/32 Zoukei-Mura Ta152H-0 White 7

Thunnus

Thanks for the comments everyone!

The engine will most likely be covered up.  I'm not a fan of cowling open poses and I don't think I'll have the option of removable panels.  That's one of the reasons why I'm photo-documenting the engines at this stage! ;)

Initial rough fit of engine to fuselage has indicated some minor alignment issues.  Without constant pressure (or glue), the four rear attachment points of the engine bearers will not stay seated... the engine is skewed upwards.  I'm pretty sure glue will take of it and the engine cowling panels will also force alignment but I'm taking a closer look at it right now.

On 1/18/2020 at 9:25 AM, Radub said:

Superglue is great for filling panel lines. If you leave it a long time it may become harder so the "secret" is to sand it as soon as it cures. 
Scribing a good line over plastic and putty and plastic again (or even plastic-to-resin) is always problematic when using a "trenching" tool. For that kind of situations I designed this tool that works in a different way: you need to use it like a "file" by moving it back-and-forth a couple times to get a panel line. Because this "files" away material rather than "digging", it avoids the issue with scribing over dissimilar materials. http://www.radubstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=77_110&products_id=734

HTH 

Radu 

I have these files and can vouch for their fine quality. I only started using them on the 262 and IXc but both times they make a much neater and cleaner line, whether you are re-installing or making fresh.

Hate to keep tempting everyone with these prototype landing gear but I've received a new set for the Z-M Ta152H kit.  Easier to clean/paint than the metal legs and will be much stronger than the plastic legs.  Also, no painting required for the shiny oleo section so one less thing to worry about.  Looks like another winner!

IMG-6818.jpg

14 minutes ago, Thunnus said:

Hate to keep tempting everyone with these prototype landing gear but I've received a new set for the Z-M Ta152H kit.  Easier to clean/paint than the metal legs and will be much stronger than the plastic legs.  Also, no painting required for the shiny oleo section so one less thing to worry about.  Looks like another winner!

IMG-6818.jpg

I like that gear, sorry if I missed where you got them from?

7 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

I like that gear, sorry if I missed where you got them from?

Sorry for being unclear!  I was sent prototype landing gear replacements from a nice chap who is interested in offering these to the public.  He wanted some input and gave me the ok to share them on my builds on the condition that he be kept anonymous for the time being while he worked out the kinks in his production.  I used these legs first on my Hasegawa Bf109K-4 build...

And he has graciously sent me more legs including a set for my Revell Bf109G-6/AS build and this Z-M Ta152H build.  I think he's preparing to launch his products VERY SOON.  I wouldn't be surprised if LSP members didn't find something out by the end of this week.  That's all I can say for now!

26 minutes ago, Thunnus said:

Sorry for being unclear!  I was sent prototype landing gear replacements from a nice chap who is interested in offering these to the public.  He wanted some input and gave me the ok to share them on my builds on the condition that he be kept anonymous for the time being while he worked out the kinks in his production.  I used these legs first on my Hasegawa Bf109K-4 build...

And he has graciously sent me more legs including a set for my Revell Bf109G-6/AS build and this Z-M Ta152H build.  I think he's preparing to launch his products VERY SOON.  I wouldn't be surprised if LSP members didn't find something out by the end of this week.  That's all I can say for now!

aaahhhhhhh, the suspense, the suspense, they are killing us........

sneaky little Hobbitses, we hates them

Edited by Landrotten Highlander

Hey John,  just curious to know if the bottom of the gear legs have a metal axel 90degrees to the chrome oleo strut?   Perhaps the bottom resin piece is glued in place with the axel to the oleo at the bottom?  I’m just curious to know how strong the bottom of the gear leg is fabricated?   

41 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

Hey John,  just curious to know if the bottom of the gear legs have a metal axel 90degrees to the chrome oleo strut?   Perhaps the bottom resin piece is glued in place with the axel to the oleo at the bottom?  I’m just curious to know how strong the bottom of the gear leg is fabricated?   

Hey Troy!  There is metal from the end of the attachment tab through to the end of the wheel axle.  Based on what I was told, the "core" is a continuous piece of piano wire strung through 2 pieces of stainless steel tubing with resin cast around that core.  I'm sure the mystery maker can clarify the fabrication process further in due time. 

16 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Hey Troy!  There is metal from the end of the attachment tab through to the end of the wheel axle.  Based on what I was told, the "core" is a continuous piece of piano wire strung through 2 pieces of stainless steel tubing with resin cast around that core.  I'm sure the mystery maker can clarify the fabrication process further in due time. 

CORRECTION... to impart the correct angles into the piano wire, it is split into two pieces.  The gear below is for the Hasegawa 109 kit.

2nGpJ7.png