1/32 Zoukei-Mura Ta152H-0 White 7

Thunnus

Guest Vincent

The panel in the part manual is not going all the way down to the floor. It's more like  a guard to keep the electrical connectors safe and seems to be "screwed" on from the top wood panel. Perhaps it wasn't ready when they made the first planes (?)

Edited by Vincent

20 minutes ago, Vincent said:

The panel in the part manual is not going all the way down to the floor. It's more like  a guard to keep the electrical connectors safe and seems to be "screwed" on from the top wood panel. Perhaps it wasn't ready when they made the first planes (?)

A lot of stuff that was included in Luftwaffe manuals did not "make" it into the real aircraft. Take for example the outboard covers for the Bf 109 wheel well that were mentioned as early as the F and did not make their appearance until the K. 

I took out all  the books I have on the Ta 152 and I could not find a single photo showing a panel there. 

Radu 

Thanks for all of the commentary regarding that port side console.  Based on my respect for Radu and his expertise on this matter (and seconded by Vincent's consenting to this possibility), I've decided to leave this area exposed per the photoetch parts.  In order to fill up the empty space, I've added an electrical junction box and some wiring.

IMG-6633.jpg

Guest Vincent
On 1/10/2020 at 2:59 PM, Radub said:

Take for example the outboard covers for the Bf 109 wheel well that were mentioned as early as the F and did not make their appearance until the K.

This one is a different story : the F/G additional covers were hydraulically operated and MTT never managed to get them to work properly (it's due to a pecularity of the hydraulic pump design of the Me 109 which also make the tail wheel a nightmare to retract) so the RLM rejected their installation but they were of course documented, should the RLM change its decision. When the K was designed, MTT was specifically ordered to use a mechanical operation for both the l/g additional covers and the tail wheel covers. But the pump issue came back to haunt the users in respect to the tail wheel and these were, just like on the G6, disconnected from the pump and left extended. The spring was installed upside down and kept the covers shut

The Ta-152 part wise is a bit of a pain in the ass. The official Ta-152 parts manual is an addition to the Fw190D parts manuals. It says to basically use the 190D parts manual for the sections not covered by the Ta152 one. And the FW190D part manual is itself supplemented by a D13 parts manuals where the side consoles amongs other things are documented. The consoles are pretty clearly drawn in the D13 addendum and the left one shows clearly a "return" acting as a side guard.

Maybe, just maybe, at the time the manual was created, that panel was supposed to be metal, not wood as it will turn out on the production models, and the return was just a bend...

Also it must be noted that the surviving plane, as well as the B&W pictures are a preproduction plane. Could also be that the final console would have used a molded plywood with the return shown on the parts manual

Good work on the model !

Edited by Vincent

Are Ta152H-0’s considered preproduction models?  I am under the impression, perhaps incorrectly, that the NASM H-0 was a production model....I haven’t looked at it in a long time so my information may certainly be lacking. 

1 hour ago, Vincent said:

The Ta-152 part wise is a bit of a pain in the ass. The official Ta-152 parts manual is an addition to the Fw190D parts manuals. It says to basically use the 190D parts manual for the sections not covered by the Ta152 one. And the FW190D part manual is itself supplemented by a D13 parts manuals where the side consoles amongs other things are documented. The consoles are pretty clearly drawn in the D13 addendum and the left one shows clearly a "return" acting as a side guard.

Maybe, just maybe, at the time the manual was created, that panel was supposed to be metal, not wood as it will turn out on the production models, and the return was just a bend...

The side consoles of the Ta 152 and the side consoles of the FW 190 D have nothing in common other than location. 

Radu

Did some work on the Ta152 cockpit this weekend.  At first, I was planning to glue the side consoles in first but since the foot pedal mechanism extends underneath the consoles, it seemed easier to paint things separately and then assemble, which is my normal routine anyway.  Here is the cockpit tub with the rear bulkhead and foot pedals installed.  I've elected to keep the cockpit wear to a minimum... just some pastel staining on the floor.
IMG-6636.jpg

This was the first attempt at gluing in the side consoles.  Dry-fitting of the cockpit tub into the fuselage sides was more than the side consoles could withstand and I ended up dislodging them multiple times.  I think I've almost resolved the fit so I'll report back later on this.
IMG-6638.jpg
IMG-6639.jpg

Here is the painted seat with the HGW fabric harnesses installed.
IMG-6645.jpg

The central fuselage will be assembled pretty soon so I thought I should get the riveting done.  I based it on a scale drawing that I stumbled upon on the internet.  It's not meant to be 100% accurate but its good for creating some visual interest on the surface of the model.
IMG-6640.jpg
IMG-6643.jpg

The surfaces were treated to fine sandpaper to knock down the raised areas around the holes caused by the riveting process.  I used RB Productions Rivet-R as usual.
IMG-6644.jpg

Guest Vincent
11 hours ago, Radub said:

The side consoles of the Ta 152 and the side consoles of the FW 190 D have nothing in common other than location. 

Radu

The Fw190D13 consoles are identicals to the Ta-152, right and left and are documented in an addendum to the main Fw190 D9/11/12 parts manual

Edited by Vincent

Guest Vincent
9 hours ago, levier said:

The right side console breaker switches of the D-13, however, are similar, if not the same as the TA 152, and different from the D-9.

Yes, also the left one is the same as the Ta-152

Thanks Mark!  Always good to have some more wiring sources!

Thanks guys!  Moving along now... the cockpit parts have been assembled.  As you can see, I installed the big fuel tanks under the cockpit as it will make placement of the cockpit tub into the fuselage a little easier.  They will completely invisible after the fuselage is assembled.
IMG-6650.jpg
IMG-6646.jpg
IMG-6649.jpg
IMG-6647.jpg
IMG-6652.jpg
IMG-6653.jpg