1/32 Zoukei-Mura Ta152H-0 White 7

Thunnus

Thanks guys!

20 hours ago, Radub said:

Great work on the instrument panel. Patience paid off in the end. The set was designed to use the kit Revi sight, that was why none was included.

Radu

Thanks Radu!  Photoetch is all about patience, isn't it?  I've scrounged up a Quickboost Revi 16 from my spares box and grafted the base from the kit part onto the resin sight.

Thanks guys!  I've been too busy to do anything significant but have been moving forward on assembling the various bits from the photoetch set.  The set uses various layers of brass to help break up the typical flatness that characterizes most photoetch additions.  The seat back is supposed to feature vertical adjustment rollers comprised of tiny discs mounted to the brackets.  I decided to save myself from that labor since the seat back is all but invisible once its mounted and the harnesses are draped.
IMG-6619.jpg

I'm not sure what to do about that missing panel on the left side console.  I know that's how the cockpit on the NASM Ta152H-0 looks like but I have doubts that this was the norm.  Very un-Luftwaffe like, IMO.  I may elect to close it up.

5 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Thanks guys!  I've been too busy to do anything significant but have been moving forward on assembling the various bits from the photoetch set.  The set uses various layers of brass to help break up the typical flatness that characterizes most photoetch additions.  The seat back is supposed to feature vertical adjustment rollers comprised of tiny discs mounted to the brackets.  I decided to save myself from that labor since the seat back is all but invisible once its mounted and the harnesses are draped.
IMG-6619.jpg

I'm not sure what to do about that missing panel on the left side console.  I know that's how the cockpit on the NASM Ta152H-0 looks like but I have doubts that this was the norm.  Very un-Luftwaffe like, IMO.  I may elect to close it up.

Stellar work on the photo-etched parts. The open side panel on the left console is the same in wartime photos of the cockpit, not only the Smithsonian example. See the photo in the link below.

Radu

https://images.app.goo.gl/i99svDpdvkRT9FLL6

Guest Vincent

The Ta 152 spare parts manual shows a panel on that location. It's removable but should be installed on a war time plane

Vincent

Edited by Vincent

14 hours ago, levier said:

Use the supplied panel from photo etch, plenty of ref available on TA cockpit images online.  NASM airplane is simply missing the panel.

Both the Z-M kit and the photoetch set assume no panel so there is no "supplied panel" to speak of.  As far as I could see anyway.

14 hours ago, Antonio Argudo said:

looking nice that seat, maybe some comfy lumbar  cushions? ;)

cheers

Hmmm... maybe or maybe not.  I don't know if I would be able to pull off a convincing comfy cushion.  Right now, I'm more concerned about how the lap belts look.  I've always hated how stiff the HGW lap belts looked and was wondering if there is a way to get them to look more natural.

10 hours ago, nmayhew said:

masterful as always!

i had forgotten how soft and retro the plastic moulding looks on the Z-m 152 kits (I have had a few but never built them and sold them on)

can't wait to see more

Yeah, it's not horrible but it ain't the greatest either.  The metallic color of some of sprues doesn't help matters... makes things look a little more toy-like.  

9 hours ago, Radub said:

Stellar work on the photo-etched parts. The open side panel on the left console is the same in wartime photos of the cockpit, not only the Smithsonian example. See the photo in the link below.

Radu

https://images.app.goo.gl/i99svDpdvkRT9FLL6

Thanks Radu!  I've used a few of your photoetch sets and have found them to be very precise and well-fitting.  Have not made a final determination of that panel.  Looks like the jury is divided as well. ;)

8 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

That is some nicely shaped brass.  What is the purpose of the long handle?  

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark!  The long handle is the throttle.  It fits through the slot on top of the port side console and attaches to the cockpit floor.

5 hours ago, Vincent said:

The Ta 152 spare parts manual shows a panel on that location. It's removable but should be installed on a war time plane

Vincent

Thanks Vincent!  Your input is always appreciated!  

I know that it is hard to figure out why there is an opening under the left side console, and I agree that it is not "Luftwaffe-like", but all photos show that there was never a panel there. There are wartime photos taken by Focke Wulf and published in all literature on the subject that show that open space. Photos of the example preserved in the Garber Facility show absolutely no means to attach a panel there - there are no brackets, no posts, nothing at the top and nothing on the floor to secure a side panel in that place. There is no evidence on the floor, not a paint demarcation, not a scrape/scuff mark, nothing to indicate that there was ever side panel there. When I designed the photo-etched set I could have easily included such a panel, but I did not because all evidence indicates that there was no panel in that location. I am not aware of a single photo of a Ta 152 H showing a panel there. 

Radu