1/32 Zoukei-Mura Ta152H-0 White 7

Thunnus

Thanks guys!  Thank you Kais for posting that excellent tutorial on the modifications you performed on your Ta152H build.  I hope it helps others avoid the fit issues that I ran into.  Let us know how it works out!

I know it's a lot of work to absorb in such a short time but strike when the fire is hot, right?  With the major markings being painted, the amount of decals to applied is lessened.  Mostly stencils from the Eagle Cals decal sheet.

IMG-8012.jpg
IMG-8013.jpg
IMG-8014.jpg
IMG-8015.jpg
IMG-8016.jpg
IMG-8017.jpg
IMG-8018.jpg

She's all shiny... nice and purdy but we'll start throwing some dirt on her soon!

Hi,   She is beautiful John ! Great for you !  Ta 152 H is one of my favorite bird of all time:)

By the way,  I think she has one more stencil on the hatch aft of supercharger intake. I heard it is a  black out line and S3 letter in it for some kind of engine primer stencil.   Please see the pics.                                                                                                                 

Th-152-H-Star-board-TRIANGLE-2.jpg    

Ta152-H-0-White-7-6-LI.jpg                                                                     

I hope I'm not confusing you because I don't have any farther information about this stencil. I'm sorry:( 

Hoping for someone can tell what it is.  (Sorry about my english too):(

Regards,

Matsu

Not confusing, Matsu!  I am aware of that stencil.  When I was doing internet research, I stumbled onto a French discussion board which discussed this subject.  The artist, Herbert Kruse, did a profile and close-up of this side of 150007 based on the photo from the LO+ST book that you've referenced.

ws_7_Oel.jpg

I don't think I have such a decal but I'll take a look at my spares box to see if there is something similar.  Otherwise, I'll have to do without.

After I sealed the decals with a thin gloss coat, I did a pastel wash.  Usual homemade mix using scrapings from pastel chalks.  Dark brown for the bottom and almost black brown for the topside. I did the bottom of the wing halfway so that you can see the difference between the washed and unwashed sections.
IMG-8023.jpg

I do sections at a time so that I don't forget to leave a section unwiped.
IMG-8024.jpg

I focus alot on this center bottom area because of how much work I had to put in to clean it up.  Some of the areas that didn't hold the wash will be rescribed to get a uniform result.
IMG-8026.jpg
IMG_7676.jpg

Back into the light box for a better look at the first stage of weathering.
IMG-8027.jpg
IMG-8028.jpg
IMG-8029.jpg
IMG-8030.jpg
IMG-8031.jpg
IMG-8032.jpg
IMG-8034.jpg
IMG-8033.jpg
IMG-8035.jpg

10 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

The markings and wash truly bring it to life.

Any chance that stencil on the cowling could be printed by the stencil cutter, then painted?  Not sure how small those cutters can get.

Matt 

I haven't tried but I believe its too small.  I had some trouble getting the 0007 to print and the text/detail for that stencil is a fraction of that size.  I looked through my decal stash and couldn't find any empty black triangles.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow John, killer work. Might have to bump my vac model back to the bench soon. If mine turns out half as nice, I will be well and truly chuffed. Your recovery on the fit issues look excellent!

Keep em’ coming!

THOR    :ph34r: