ITALERI F-104 G Starfighter 1/32 German Navy MFG 2

F-4Phanwell

Hi mates

At first i wish you all merry christmas

I think while we all celebrate our christmas party together with our families, there is also time to being at LSP . So i want share to you my first finished model here on LSP, so a premiere.

I have built this model few month back and it was not always a joy, but i think this is not a news, because the most modelers knows the problems of this kit. But what shall we do if we want have a F-104 in scale 1/32, we can take the very old Hasegawa one or those Italeri one, well i think the better choice is the Italeri kit even its not perfect.

The kit was built with extra PE parts from Eduard for exterior.

The paint job was made in Norm 62 with Xtra Color X-252 for the bottom surface RAL 9006 and Vallejo Basaltgrey in different shades for the upper surfaces. Final coat with MARABU Flat Varnish.

For the photographing i had been on the abandoned german airforce base in Oldenburg by the fomer Jagdbombergeschwader JaboG 43 ( Fighter Bomber Wing 43 ). I dont like really stark sunlight but more covered cloudy weather, for my taste the pics looking better than in straight sunlights.

dscf4725elja8.jpg

dscf47129djdi.jpg

dscf4715j6kbc.jpg

dscf471690jx6.jpg

dscf4721n9jgz.jpg

dscf471690jx6.jpg

dscf472090ke3.jpg

dscf4727r3jck.jpg

dscf4743pdk7g.jpg

dscf4730ytkpj.jpg

Edited by F-4Phanwell
rightwrite

Wunderbar. :goodjob:

4 hours ago, F-4Phanwell said:

I have built this model few month back and it was not always a joy, but i think this is not a news, because the most modelers knows the problems of this kit. But what shall we do if we want have a F-104 in scale 1/32, we can take the very old Hasegawa one or those Italeri one, well i think the better choice is the Italeri kit even its not perfect.

Agreed: I've done two (RF and TF) and despite some problems enjoyed them both.  The second one was easier after what I learned from the first one, the next one should be easier still - apart from deciding on the particular subject.

I like yours, and photographing it in an authentic setting adds some great atmosphere to the photos.

Edited by MikeC

On 12/25/2019 at 9:19 AM, MikeC said:

Wunderbar. :goodjob:

Agreed: I've done two (RF and TF) and despite some problems enjoyed them both.  The second one was easier after what I learned from the first one, the next one should be easier still - apart from deciding on the particular subject.

I like yours, and photographing it in an authentic setting adds some great atmosphere to the photos.

Thank you Mike

Yes your right, after built the first one we know already the issues and problems, so we are prepared now, i just bought a F-104 C from Italeri too, it will get a orange test flight ( drone )scheme.