1/32 SPAD Xlll

Fred Jack

Well Sir Peter did do a 

4 minutes ago, Charlie said:

For some reason Wingnut Wings has an aversion for French aircraft.  Best hope would be Copper State, with their release of the Nieuport series.

Well Sir Peter did do a Salmson 2-A2, so there is hope, especially with the Spads popularity.

There is also the precedent of WnW saying never just like they said they would "never" do a Camel, and "never" do a Triplane.

48 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Well Sir Peter did do a 

Well Sir Peter did do a Salmson 2-A2, so there is hope, especially with the Spads popularity.

There is also the precedent of WnW saying never just like they said they would "never" do a Camel, and "never" do a Triplane.

But WNW never said they wouldn't do a Camel or Dr.I, though - all they ever said was that they had no plans to do so but wouldn't rule it out in future. That got interpreted by certain parties to be 'WNW will never do a Camel or Dr.I'. They are now saying that they will (eventually) kit all the significant aircraft of WWI, it's just a question of time.

Contrast with their response when asked if they will do other WWII aircraft after the Lanc - they have said 'never again' in that case.

1 hour ago, vince14 said:

But WNW never said they wouldn't do a Camel or Dr.I, though - all they ever said was that they had no plans to do so but wouldn't rule it out in future. That got interpreted by certain parties to be 'WNW will never do a Camel or Dr.I'. They are now saying that they will (eventually) kit all the significant aircraft of WWI, it's just a question of time.

Contrast with their response when asked if they will do other WWII aircraft after the Lanc - they have said 'never again' in that case.

I agree. All of my recollections are that they said they had no plans, especially if there was an already available decent kit, but couldn't say for sure that they'd never do one. You can automatically rule out the Revell oddball scale XIII and Roden only ever did the VII, so a XIII from WNW seems like a no-brainer, and I assume they will most definitely eventually do one. I'd also imagine some other Nieuports (11, 16 and/or 28) are quite possible too.

When it comes to WWI, I really don't think it is so much what WNW won't do as what they have not got around to.  I think they had a notion early on that they wanted to avoid certain things that were already represented but I think they are past that now.  All things take time, WNW is their thing and I think we could see most of the major planes of the time in due course.  

12 hours ago, cbk57 said:

When it comes to WWI, I really don't think it is so much what WNW won't do as what they have not got around to.  I think they had a notion early on that they wanted to avoid certain things that were already represented but I think they are past that now.  All things take time, WNW is their thing and I think we could see most of the major planes of the time in due course.  

...and Copper State Models will get back to their original niches, 1/48th scale aeroplanes and 1/35th scale AFV - and the world's in order again!

I hope CSM stays in 1/32! Their Neiuports are very well done. Always better to have competition and there are a lot of WWI aircraft to kit. Maybe they might branch out to inter-war, too.

Wouldn't mind seeing a selection of 1/24th kits, either. The small size of single seater WWI aircrafts would be perfect for 1/24th.

42 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I really dont see anything negative being said about CSM, unless I missed it.....

I think they'd do a fine job with a Spad. 

I think it is an assumption that now CSM are working in 1/32 they won't do anything in smaller scales.

11 hours ago, rhwinter said:

...and Copper State Models will get back to their original niches, 1/48th scale aeroplanes and 1/35th scale AFV - and the world's in order again!

Just to make it clear: This was pure sarcasm! I love CSM's Nieuports and simply am afraid that they could give up producing WW1 planes in 1/32 scale, as Wingnut Wings also announced a Starstrutter...

2 hours ago, rhwinter said:

Just to make it clear: This was pure sarcasm! I love CSM's Nieuports and simply am afraid that they could give up producing WW1 planes in 1/32 scale, as Wingnut Wings also announced a Starstrutter...

Thanks for making that clear.  It was not at all clear to me.

Edited by esarmstrong

2 hours ago, rhwinter said:

Ahh - cool - no worries :)

Yeah seeing both companies doing the same subject is worrying but hopefully not going to happen too often...

On 12/29/2019 at 5:16 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Well Sir Peter did do a 

Anything the French AND Americans flew they will kit so that includes SPADS, of course! And a Hanriot if they are doing main types a HD1 should be in the pipeline. I hope WNW and/or CSM bring out a SPAD and Hanriot soon so then we can be surprised by whatever comes next. Once they have got the Lanc out it will be WW1 business as usual for WNW.