Paint experts...

Stokey Pete

As part of my Tornado GR1 project, I have to paint the underside of it white, but don't want it to look virgin white, more of an off white type if that makes sense. How would you go about mixing one up? 

My thinking at the moment is a drop of brown mixed it a high volume of white, just to take the edge off the whiteness, unless anyone has a better suggestion they've used before? 

That's a good route.  I've also mixed white with a drop or two of whatever the upper surface will be.  On my Swamp Ghost build, all white surfaces had a drop of OD green in them.  Alone, they looked weird, but on the completed kit, they tended to mesh more effectively with the rest of the kit.

hi

I usually paint it white , simply white ( what else) then , I spray along the panel lines , a mix of white with a drop of "sand brown " to simulate the dust etc.......and finely a wash of sandy  brown oil pain for " artist " :rolleyes: ( the shade of sand / brown , depend on your taste ...of course B))..the final wash will make the white color off ...after this , you could slightly  spray a pure white  in the center of some panels ,  .the simplest things  are the best .aren't they  ..I hope I 've been clear 

Alain

• 1 month later...