A 1/32 Aichi M6A1 Seiran Would Be Very Nice

Uncarina

8 minutes ago, Tony T said:

A Seiran would be great: nose of a stuka, front cockpit glazing like a Hurricane, aft like a Zero, with a sort of Me 262 tail, and all on floats!

Tony

You're right, but that combination makes it so interesting. I'd get one with the blink of an eye!!

Lothar

1 hour ago, Gazzas said:

Did the Seiran ever see action, or just take part in abortive raids on the Panama Canal?

Never saw action, I-400 and I-401 had been redirected from the Panama mission to be stationed off of Guam (think it was Guam...) with the intent to attack the staging of the force that would have invaded japan. The six Seirans on those two subs were reportedly punctured full of holes and dumped into the ocean (shot off the catapult?) when Japan surrendered. 

4 hours ago, seiran01 said:

Never saw action, I-400 and I-401 had been redirected from the Panama mission to be stationed off of Guam (think it was Guam...) with the intent to attack the staging of the force that would have invaded japan. The six Seirans on those two subs were reportedly punctured full of holes and dumped into the ocean (shot off the catapult?) when Japan surrendered. 

I thought it was something like that.  I wonder if a land based Seiran would have been any better than the Ki-61.