2019. My Year in Styrene

Gazzas

Season's Greetings, everyone!  May the new year bring each of you lot's of benchtime! 

Every year I like to tell myself that I'll complete one kit a month.  But somewhere my memory loses track of what I've done, and I begin to feel that I get nothing done except adding to my stash.

Beware...  not all of these are LSP's!

WrfofN.jpg

Meng's Messerschmitt Bf 410 in 1/48.   I'd filled in the panel lines to match the finish of the 410 at Cosford.

6NVS6O.jpg

I really enjoyed this Dragon Brummbar in 1/35.  Unfortunately it would get uglier as I tried to weather the Zimmerit.

j5bZvY.jpg

This Hasegawa Macchi 205 Veltro in fantasy Luftwaffe markings.  1/48

CPLF6O.jpg

This is the ancient Revell/Monogram Bf 109 G6 in 1/32.  Except for Hakenkreuz and stencils, the markings are made with masks.

KeA2CY.jpg

Wingnut Wings Pfalz D.III in a fantasy 'Blue Max' scheme made using WNW's lozenge camo.

Vowwaj.jpg

Half Tamiya/ Half Dragon 1/35 scale t-34/43.  The action pose was inspired by the movie Cross of Iron.

0dCYbA.jpg

ICM's MiG 25PD in 1/48.

XqiMuk.jpg

AFV Club Sdkfz 231 armored car 1/35.

KPkFm5.jpg

PCM's Ta 152 C in 1/32.  Fantasy present-day racing scheme.

ORItbZ.jpg

I bought this Tamiya Sturmtiger in 1/35 scale.  To my horror, the hull tub belonged to a standard Tiger and required much modification and omitting of interior parts.  Unfortunately one part I didn't mean to omit was the gunsight.  That omission and some unhappy weathering stopped the build near the very end.

ArqYrP.jpg

ICM's Dornier Do217N2/R22 in 1/48.

My best wishes for you and yours!

Gaz

Edited by Gazzas
typo

40 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

Top notch,  nice stuff. 

Ron

Thank you, Ron!

31 minutes ago, Robthepom said:

well done Gaz, love the snowy tank, hope you have agreat Christmas,

I managed to finish three kits , one was the Felixstowe, the other was WW1 tank and Panhard VBL, I'm happy with my efforts

Thank you!  Felixstowe you say?  That's worth 6 large scale fighter kits by itself!

1 hour ago, ssculptor said:

I really like your original paint jobs. My kind of modeling.  I didn't do much modeling because involved with moving back in after major house fire, loss of my 6000 book library, and started serious exercise program. Life sometimes takes time from modeling.

Thank you!  I'm sorry for your hardship and loss.

38 minutes ago, AlbertD said:

Looks like a great years work. I especially like the ICM Dornier2/R22 in 1/48. The camouflage and weathering are beautiful. I need to learn how to use my darn airbrush.

Thank you!  The Dornier was my first attempt at a paint job like that, so it's only a little extra effort.

Edited by Gazzas