Trumpeter Mig29... which one to use?

seiran01

Does anyone know enough about Fulcrums in Slovak service to tell me whether it's better to use the 1/32 Trumpeter Mig29-A or -C to make the upgraded -AS version that they're flying?  My hunch is to use the -A model but I can't find anything online to tell me with certainty.

Thanks!

Slovakian mig-29s were A models with new antennas and upgraded electronics to interact with western equipment. Great Wall Hobbies makes a version of the updated Slovak fulcrum that is really nice but it is braille scale (1/48). The C model was used by some former USSR countries after the break up and also exported to several countries afterwards but I assume those were 'probably' neutered some. 

There don't seem to be any more of the lovely Tiger decals for that Slovak Mig in 1/32, but there is a Ukraine version of the C in digital camo. Have you found an available 1/32 decal set like the Tiger version in the Great Wall 1/48 scale kit?

Tnarg

3 hours ago, Trak-Tor said:

There's also a UBS double seater among the slovak MiGs, but it's not flying anymore. 1024px-MiG-29UBS_Slovakia_(24025820380).

And yes, all the single seaters were A version originaly.

Juraj

Anyone know the FS numbers for this paint scheme? I have some masks for it in 1/32 but no idea what the appropriate paints are.

Carl

7 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Anyone know the FS numbers for this paint scheme? I have some masks for it in 1/32 but no idea what the appropriate paints are.

Carl

I've managed to find some info (I hope you can read the numbers):

mig-29ub-fulcrum-1303-slovak-tiger-1-72-
I don't think there's the FS number for the stripes there, as those are decals here.

There some nice info on the slovak migs here: www.mig.mariwoj.pl

mig-29ub-slovakia-%5B1303%5D.jpg

And one more picture:

phoca_thumb_l_Foreign_MiG-29UBS%20_Slova

I hope that helps a little.
But I'm sure there are some experts that know around here.

Juraj

• 1 month later...

aeroscale.kitmaker.net - Slovak Tiger MiG-29

DN Models have released a paint mask set for the rather tasty Tiger camo scheme for the MiG-29UB/UBS Fulcrum-B that flew for the Slovak Air Force.
Slovak Tiger Camo MiG-29UB/UBS Fulcrum-B Paint Mask Set 1/32nd
Suggested scale - 1/32nd
Suggested kits - MiG-29UB Fulcrum-B kits
Price - $29.99
SKU - 32/827-038

Cover-Mig-29UB-Tiger-Camo-32nd-scale-Sit

B)

Juraj

I went and bought the Fulcrum C (the 9-13) as I found one as a stupidly low price. Going to build it up as a Strizhi aircraft with masks that my friend will make for me. Down the line I may still track down the early version and do the digital bird :)

16 hours ago, Trak-Tor said:

Those are the ones I got. I asked DN if they would upscale them last year for me and they did them as a one off at the time. Glad to see they'll be available for others. 

Can't have enough Tiger schemes. 

Carl

On 12/18/2019 at 8:48 PM, Trak-Tor said:

There's also a UBS double seater among the slovak MiGs, but it's not flying anymore. 1024px-MiG-29UBS_Slovakia_(24025820380).

And yes, all the single seaters were A version originaly.

Juraj

That's a real shame it's not flying now? :( I caught her in Belgium a couple of years ago.. Would love to build it. 

237766.jpg