"Taproom 114" – Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet, Trumpeter 1/32

Starfighter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you! There aren't many modifications to do if you're building an early lot Super Hornet: I have replaced the Legacy fuel gauge on the front IP with the new digital one from the Trumpeter cockpit and slightly modified the side consoles. The turtle deck behind the seat is different of course; you can either use the Trumpeter part or use the (very nice!) replacement from Eduard.

3 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Thank you! There aren't many modifications to do if you're building an early lot Super Hornet: I have replaced the Legacy fuel gauge on the front IP with the new digital one from the Trumpeter cockpit and slightly modified the side consoles. The turtle deck behind the seat is different of course; you can either use the Trumpeter part or use the (very nice!) replacement from Eduard.

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2020 at 1:06 PM, Ryan said:

How did you address the seam in the mesh under the nose?

I filled the "mesh" and replaced it with a decal I have drawn myself. It's not a classic mesh by the way but many small holes on the real a/c.

• 2 weeks later...

Ben, this is a superb rendition of the original. I love the delicate weathering and exquisite painting. An absolutely gorgeous model but I wouldn't have anything less from you. :clap2:

Can I ask what kind of wash you used to emphasize the panel lines? Thankfully it doesn't look so grossly overpronounced as you can see sadly far too often on many models.