Trumpy-Boss 2020+

Tony T

On 12/17/2019 at 12:39 PM, Tony T said:

They'll probably do whatever they did with the smaller scale Trumpy Boss Huns. I've not checked the differences between these, but it might just be the new fin and decals trick. 

Tony 

One would hope they'd take the opportunity to correct the wing thickness and the shape of the tail, and then give it a proper C cockpit, but it will probably just be a scaled-up version of the mess that is the 1/48 kit. :(

Ben 

6 hours ago, otis252 said:

I couldn't agree more about n EA-6B Prowler! It would only take 2 new fuselage halves, new inner wings and of course the cockpit and canopies. That's pretty much t.

Chuck

And the ALQ-99 pods, but they could throw in the pods from the EA-18G kit, although they aren’t the best.

Edited by Dave Williams

They're doing one in 1/72, so look at that and imagine amplified errors — although the Intruder was definitely an A-team effort.

An EA-6A electric Intruder is more logical, and one of the early pods is included in the (now OOP) regular F-100D kit, although I'm also desirous of an EA-6B, and S-3A Hoover.

For minimum tooling we could also get a MiG-23UB, and pigs might fly and Trumpeter unsquashes the SLUFs in an A-7D/E part deux.

Tony

On 12/17/2019 at 10:53 PM, thierry laurent said:

The MiG-29 series came out of the blue. So, it is quite probable we will still have similar surprises. Wait and see. 

I’m still waiting and not seeing the rest of the Century Series promised by Trumpeter. Apparently Trumpeter’s promises mean nothing.

5 hours ago, Fred Jack said:

I’m still waiting and not seeing the rest of the Century Series promised by Trumpeter. Apparently Trumpeter’s promises mean nothing.

I think the local Chinese market is more important to them than a few disgruntled westerners.   I wouldn't be surprised if they announced models as a sort of fishing expedition to see the interest that develops.  Not enough interest, and they won't bother.

6 hours ago, Fred Jack said:

Well, I was already a member of the prior generation of LSP many years ago and I have never seen any Trumpeter announcement related to the other century fighters. Gossips and rumors but no formal message from them. Obviously the same cannot be said about the F-100F that stayed for years in the catalogue to be suddenly canceled in 2020.