Sign in to follow this  
Jennings Heilig

What the world needs is a good 1/32 U-2...

Yeah, and I have a feeling we’re going to be waiting a long time.  I’m so glad I didn’t ditch my Hawk/Testor kits when that AFV Club abortion came out.  How cool would it be in 1/32?

A friend of mine who works at NASM snagged some pics of the cockpit of the U-2C after they took her down from her perch downtown when the “Looking At Earth” gallery was dismantled.  She has a lot of what looks like Dull Dark Green!  

Saw a Vac Form 1/32 U-2 at a UK nations when I used to go , its feeking HUGE, and storage would be a ***** , those long slender, delicate wings , ..

Sorry Jennings , no way!

2 hours ago, Scotsman said:

Saw a Vac Form 1/32 U-2 at a UK nations when I used to go , its feeking HUGE, and storage would be a ***** , those long slender, delicate wings , ..

Sorry Jennings , no way!

Revell makes several 1/32 gliders that aren’t that much smaller...

The LHS has one on the shelf, I almost bought it using that very thought...that’d look interesting at club night. Nobody else has built one!

yes.....I’d most likely buy a 1/32 dragon lady!

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Revell makes several 1/32 gliders that aren’t that much smaller...

Revell does not make any glider model with a 1-metre wing span. I imagine that maybe the Chinese manufacturers that can make a one-piece 1/200 aircraft carrier hull may be able to tackle such a monster. But do you want them to? ;)

Radu 

What kind of math are you guys using here?  The first generation U-2s have a wing span of 80 feet.  In 1/32 that's 76.2 cm.  That's not a meter.  Not even close.  If WnW can do a 1/32 Gotha, why would a U-2 be so mind-bendingly difficult for anyone to design, tool, mold, or display?