Revell Fw 190

3 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Nick,

EXCELLENT workmanship... loved the Engine, your stellar work on the Instrument panel  and the camouflage  is STUNNING.

:wow:  :clap2:

The finished model looks TOP NOTCH.

:goodjob:

KUDOS on a very beautiful  looking model.

:bow:   :bow:

I can't say otherwise , i am a fan of this 190 !!!!!!!! 

Thanks for all the compliments Azgaron, Alain , Maru ,Alain and Gazzas. 

I will be home tomorrow and post some more pictures taken with a camera and not the phone.  Alain I will see if I can photograph the Tempest as well.

The Green on the above photo is too green. My photo friend says that the fluorescent light gives of a lot of green light. We will see with natural light.

Cheers

Nick

Here she is. My first completed build for 2020. The Revel kit almost out of the box.

The A-8 converted to an A-7 by filling the 3 panels on the fuselage sides and the MW50 access hath on the bottom fuselage . I did not move the engine access panel latches as I did not have clear info on this. The pitot tube was moved inboard as well.

Addition limited to brass tubes for the cannon barrels and pitot tube and a few cockpit additions and in the wheel bay.  Propeller weights were printed and added.

The markings are those of the A-7 flown by Oberleutnant Otto Kittel at Riga-Skulte in June 1944.

DSC00070-A.jpg

DSC00073-B.jpg

DSC00068-B.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

Enjoy

Nick

Edited by Cheetah11
Spelling

A wonderful model Nick. It really captures the summer spirit of the Luftwaffe experience of the Eastern Front, and the unusual colours that went with it. The choice of Otto Kittel as the protagonist is excellent too - since his name doesn't spring to mind along with Hartmann or Galland, yet 583 combat missions and 267 claimed kills certainly puts him in a league one can hardly imagine today!

11 hours ago, Madmax said:

A wonderful model Nick. It really captures the summer spirit of the Luftwaffe experience of the Eastern Front, and the unusual colours that went with it. The choice of Otto Kittel as the protagonist is excellent too - since his name doesn't spring to mind along with Hartmann or Galland, yet 583 combat missions and 267 claimed kills certainly puts him in a league one can hardly imagine today!

Thanks Sean

You are right in that few people would recognize Otto Kittel's name. I am finished with Anton Hafner's Me 109 and plan to do a few models of the aircraft of the lesser known members of the 200 club like Willi Batz, Theo Weissenberger and Erich Rudolfer along with Heinrich Ehler. Unfortunately not many details of their aircraft are readily available.

Cheers

Nick