Revell Fw 190

25 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

Eek! Big difference! Yahu to the rescue?

10 hours ago, AlanG said:

Looking good. Bit of a difference between those two IPs. Best i invest in an AM replacement.

Thanks for the suggestions gents.

One or two problems. Our postal system has collapsed. To courier AM will raise the cost to the same as that of the kit !

The Eduard and Yahu IP's are made from photo etch which is fine for a/c like the Mustang or in 1/48 but the Fw 190 IP is more 3D.  I will give it some thought while I do the rest of the kit.

Nick

I decided too try and fit the Hasegawa IP. Dials drilled out and filled. I will make a copy tomorrow.

10C71564-3760-4398-8404-E4956BD67F9B.jpg

BAA2AD95-25A6-4E67-80E2-4532112E3D5A.jpg

The subject I want to do has propeller weights fitted. In the mean time, while waiting for the glue of the IP to dry I designed propeller weights on Tinkercad and printed them. I could only find a fuzzy picture and used the relative size from the prop blade to get an approx size for the weights.

E185E2EF-5BEF-41A2-8357-A4A11946009F.jpg

5160C041-EC07-4543-98AB-67792977B47B.jpg

Enjoy

Nick

3 hours ago, Gazzas said:

The FW Really cheats ya when it comes to showing your IP once the kit is finished...  unfortunately.  But keep up the great work!

Hi Gazzas

Yep, not much will be seen after the cockpit is in the fuselage, but I have an ulterior motive.  I have 4 Hasegawa kits in the stash and can now use instrument decals for them as well. I also need to practice for my 1/24  Trumpeter Fw 190 D as I would need to do as least the IP from scratch.

Nick