AIMS 1/32 Gloster Gladiator sets

Pastor John

Hi everyone here is an update for you all....

Decals 32D018 and 32D019 in the post to me....see pics

Photo etch 32PE009 completed and off to printers having received my kits and amended measurements from up-scaled 1/48 Roden bracing wires design

32P018 Gloster Gladiator engine/cowl - working on 3D masters now that I have the kit

Pat Pattle figure being sculpted by Elan 13 in January (not listed in Hannants Future products as not given a Cat No. yet just in case it all goes wrong haha

Upper Aileron correction - in the works (ICM have given upper ailerons same design as lower aileron - upper aileron centre hinge is small like inner hinge - not large like lower centre hinge - makes a massive difference as as things stand you are unable to locate in the correct position the aileron bracing wires just off-set from strut.

PE landing flaps - in the works

Thanks everyone and a very Happy Christmas to you all. (I am taking the Christmas family service again this year here in Hungary - my Hungarian can be rather comical so please pray people will understand me haha)

IMG-20191209-191039.jpg32-PE009-preview.jpg79441506-807775499685629-6145937044813119488-n.jpg32P018.jpg

Edited by Pastor John

Beautiful stuff John! Really looking forward to your additions to this kit.

Do you have profiles available for the silver birdies with the green and yellow? Those definitely have my attention...

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

3 minutes ago, Pastor John said:

Kit engine looks fine. Profiles of decal options have been posted previously on this site - please look

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/82722-aims-32d019-gloster-gladiator-sea-gladiator/&tab=comments#comment-1165154

Yes John, but Brian also asked about the engine cowling, which I believe you are doing an AM piece for?

24 minutes ago, DrDave said:

I’m just putting the cowling together on mine. The fit is perfect. Very pleased with it. It’s an outstanding kit. 
Decals are ICM usual standard, thin and a bit grabby. Once it’s down, its  down forever.

I have to agree Dave, the Gladiator is an absolute pleasure to build and to my eyes there’s nothing wrong with the cowling at all. Others of course may feel differently! ;)

So far so good. I’m sure there will be loads of AM goodies in the near future for those who want to go to town. OOB it’s terrific. Resin wheels, a Yahu IP, etch Sutton Harness, metal 303 barrels and some cockpit extras are possibilities. The exhausts are OK. There’s a sink mark in the seat and a resin one would be good.What we really need are decals. Lots of them!

18 hours ago, Pastor John said:

Kit engine looks fine. Profiles of decal options have been posted previously on this site - please look

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/82722-aims-32d019-gloster-gladiator-sea-gladiator/&tab=comments#comment-1165154

Thanks John! I had missed that post. They look lovely!

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA